Leaf spring part number question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2003 quad cab 4wd auto

i need to replace my saggy leaf springs. i was just under the truck and part number ends with AE.

when i searched the part number others came up ending with AI, AF, AG just to name a few. the main number was still the same though.

does the AE NEED to match?

thanks!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2003 quad cab 4wd auto

i need to replace my saggy leaf springs. i was just under the truck and part number ends with AE.

when i searched the part number others came up ending with AI, AF, AG just to name a few. the main number was still the same though.

does the AE NEED to match?

thanks!

The last of the part number, like AE, does not need to match. When the last two digits change at the end of a part number it means the part number has superseded to a new number. I suggest getting the trucks VIN and calling your local dealerships parts department and getting the most up to date part number just to make sure you have the correct number. You can also ask for the older part numbers to see if any of the companies have the older part numbers for sale. Not everyone has the latest numbers in their systems when it comes to part numbers. They may also have the older part numbers for sale at a cheaper price.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
My previous job used a similar update system for parts. Ours used only letters, no numbers.

"A" was followed by "B" then "C", "D" until you reached "Z".

The next was "AA", "AB", "AC" etc. to "AZ".

Your part # ending in "AE" seems to reflect the rev following "AD"

OP
OP
WildcatHemi

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks for the info.

i found husky and dayton springs on rock auto. which is the better of the two?