LED Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mazrym

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all -

I'm new to the forums here. I'm just waiting on my truck to arrive, and I was wondering if anyone has installed a led bar on their truck yet. If so, could they post pics of where they've installed it and how it looks? Would really appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t yet, but thinking of fabricating one into the front bumper. I’m looking to put in the long plastic insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the new Ram and welcome to the forum.

Several people have various LED light bars.

Please indicate what what model truck and trim level you have, what size light bar you want and what your reasoning for adding it is so that others can make suggestions based on your intent.

Be careful in the forums, it can become addicting to see what others are doing which then translates to another mod you have to do.

Again, welcome to the group.

2017 RAM 1500 CC, LoneStar, Black Pearl

OP
OP
M

Mazrym

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks a lot for the response! I order the '19 Longhorn. Not really sure what size light bar I was looking to get, my main reason is just for the highway at night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks a lot for the response! I order the '19 Longhorn. Not really sure what size light bar I was looking to get, my main reason is just for the highway at night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I got the 60" light blade from PUTCO. It was one of the pricier options but it's what you want. It has the light pipe appearance as opposed to the individual dots of older led arrays. Amber turn signal, white reverse and red/bright red for the brakes/flashers. I'll try to get around to taking some pics. The install area is not completely flat like on all previous trucks so be careful with that...I hardwired mine into the 7pin harness. The particular bar I went with has clips that attach and I think those were the only thing that allowed me to make it work and look clean and flush. Remember that the surface has a couple of protrusions so the clips help raise the bar enough to appear flat. Got it on amazon for quite a bit less than all of the truck sites..I wanna say it was about $180 on Amazon but $207 on sale anywhere else.

OP
OP
M

Mazrym

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the 60" light blade from PUTCO. It was one of the pricier options but it's what you want. It has the light pipe appearance as opposed to the individual dots of older led arrays. Amber turn signal, white reverse and red/bright red for the brakes/flashers. I'll try to get around to taking some pics. The install area is not completely flat like on all previous trucks so be careful with that...I hardwired mine into the 7pin harness. The particular bar I went with has clips that attach and I think those were the only thing that allowed me to make it work and look clean and flush. Remember that the surface has a couple of protrusions so the clips help raise the bar enough to appear flat. Got it on amazon for quite a bit less than all of the truck sites..I wanna say it was about $180 on Amazon but $207 on sale anywhere else.

I really appreciate the information and response! I’ll look into that and see what it’s all about. I’d love to see a pic of what you have done if you get a chance! Once again, thanks for the information!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really appreciate the information and response! I’ll look into that and see what it’s all about. I’d love to see a pic of what you have done if you get a chance! Once again, thanks for the information!

Opt-7 is also a great tailgate light bar. Sequential amber turns and a VERY bright reverse
Ive had it for 9 or 10 months now, works great and NO issues

20171218_061448.jpg

20171218_061432.jpg

20180820_192120.jpg

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Opt-7 is also a great tailgate light bar. Sequential amber turns and a VERY bright reverse
Ive had it for 9 or 10 months now, works great and NO issues

View attachment 138048

View attachment 138049

View attachment 138050
This looks very similar to the one I purchased (PUTCO Brand) and would certainly meet my approval. Looks like this one costs less also. Mine has a 3 year replacement warranty so that's better by a year but not worth the extra $$$ compared to the Opt-7. Since everything is global these days I'd almost say it looks identical to the one I purchased even though the brand is different. (the last picture)

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Happy to help. If you look at the last picture that @Ramm5.7 posted you'll notice how there's just body color paint in the area where he attached his light bar on the 4th gen truck. The 5th gen has a plastic shrowd of sorts (cause of course it does) that causes the area not to be flush and you would be attaching your bar to the plastic piece on the 5th gen. I'll snap some pics when I get home so you can see what I'm on about but as far as the look when illuminated [email protected] pics looks identical to my light bar.