LED Fog light pods REVIEW / INSTALL PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I swapped out the 4 Duallys for 7" pods. Up close the gap is bigger than Michael Strahan's front teeth but not bad otherwise.

Looks great. Nice job there. If I supply all the beer & pizza you can consume do you want to do mine.
Of course that's after the jobs done.:naughty:

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Well did this mod today, installed KAWELL 30 degree lights. First I made a template, then drew a line with grease pencil from the center of the 2 rear sensors, taped down template after centering, traced with Sharpie marker, then took a 4.5 cutting wheel and cut the 4 lines, cleaned up shavings with a dremell, applied rust prevention/ inhibitors to stop rust, place lights in hole and marked the mounting holes. Install light, bolted it down, install 2nd light and wired in. I used my #2 Aux switch, (hot all the time even without a key). Pics provided...

Excellent work there. Good I dea about the wiring.:naughty:

dsterlingwells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question. Does this work for rams without the projectors?

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is there any easier way to do this then I am trying? I noticed if you put the bracket in before the lights, it is very very hard to mount and even adjust the lights.

Am I missing something here.

dsterlingwells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well guys, I ended up pulling my LED fog cubes off. Went back to the stock housings for that OEM look but put in a 7200lm LED bulb kit (3600lm / bulb) and they are BRIGHT! Plug and play install. Way brighter and a more cleaner look IMO than the LED cubes were. It was 99$ for the kit. Just an option for yall if you want to keep the OEM look but have high quality, bright LEDs instead.

Hey i tried this install of the same led bulb kit but my driver side fog will flicker for a moment and then turn off. I switched the bulbs and its constantly the drivers side that flickers and turns off. Any suggestions? I have a 2014 ram without projectors.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey i tried this install of the same led bulb kit but my driver side fog will flicker for a moment and then turn off. I switched the bulbs and its constantly the drivers side that flickers and turns off. Any suggestions? I have a 2014 ram without projectors.

Contact Braden (if that's who you ordered the LED bulbs from) and you need the error eliminator probably. I have them on my fogs and low beams with no issues in my 2015

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Can anyone take a picture of the lights against a wall so that we can see the horizontal cutoff (or lack thereof) of these lights?

I have a Tradesman with the crappy halogen reflectors and they are terrible. I am trying to find a pair of LED lights with a decent horizontal cutoff that I can use to drive at night and not have to worry about constantly turning on and off.

These seem like a decent quality light and if the cutoff is okay, I think they will work for what I need.

Can someone please take a dusk or nighttime picture against a flat wall and post if they have the spot or flood patterns please?

Thank you!

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They should update the design and make some brackets for the 7" 36W LED worklights.
You got me thinking now, I already the brackets and installing some dual 6" lights in place of the fog lights would look and work great.

Some simple cutting and welding to the brackets should get them lined up right

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You got me thinking now, I already the brackets and installing some dual 6" lights in place of the fog lights would look and work great.

Some simple cutting and welding to the brackets should get them lined up right
I did that yesterday. Check link out called led lightbar. I posted pics.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sk8ing4Life33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

codyzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Can someone please let me know if they got these to work on the 15s? I'm planning on doing it within the next week just don't want to waste money on back and forth. Thanks so much everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJack5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Well guys, I ended up pulling my LED fog cubes off. Went back to the stock housings for that OEM look but put in a 7200lm LED bulb kit (3600lm / bulb) and they are BRIGHT! Plug and play install. Way brighter and a more cleaner look IMO than the LED cubes were. It was 99$ for the kit. Just an option for yall if you want to keep the OEM look but have high quality, bright LEDs instead.

What brand of LED bulb did you get? Also from where?

BLS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport - Blue Streak
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the same boat. Does this work on 2016 1500 Sport without a harness?

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What brand of LED bulb did you get? Also from where?

I got mine from the LED AUTO Corp. Look them up on facebook and shoot them a message.

I'm in the same boat. Does this work on 2016 1500 Sport without a harness?

No relays or anything needed. Look up THE LED AUTO Corp on facebook and write them a message. They'll hook you up.