LED Front Signal Question 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im going thru my 'want' mod list and one of those is LED some of the bulbs outside the truck. Already done 90% inside. I did the tag light 194s since they were cheap n easy. Got the tag light out message. Been wanting to do the front turn signal bulbs.
I like the look of them not reflecting the amber color when they are off. Plus like the LED look of them on.
Searched around and not seen a definitive answer with 2013 / 2014 models.
If get the 3157 plug n play LED in amber.........
Do I need ones for CanBus? Will that alone keep any problems/messages/hyperflash from happeneing?
Do I still need load resistors either way?
If so what watt load resistors?
Is there an alternative to load resistors like a diffent flasher relay?

Thx, Michel

PS : on the tag lap leds......should I do a simple 100ohm resistor or try to get canbus 194s?

OP
OP
M

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I did some canbus specific ones. Got the message.......got the fast flash dash indicator as well as fast flash mirror signals.......but front and tail signals flash normal.
I bought some load resistors but have a couple questions.

1. Read where u install the load resistors on the tail wires for turn only. I did just fronts. Doesnt make sense because xthe CBC sees each bulb turn and park, lef and right, front and rear seperately.
Is this bad info and I should do the load resistors in the frt?

2. Since I already got the error, after I do the load resistor do I need to resetthe cbc?
Heard u do something with ign on, go thru the hazards, parks and signals....then ign off?

OP
OP
M

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another note. I had done some non canbus led tag lights. Impulse buy and prob would have ordered some canbus ones if ihad been patient from superbright. Anyways I got the tag light out message. That mod was prior to the turn signals mentioned in this thread. Which is why I got canbus specific turns.
Anyways, I did the rambodybuilder method of taking the white-gray wire at the CBC , clip and ground it. This method didnt help error messages (tag or turns) nor did it resolve fast flash er hyperflash on the mirror leds and dash indicators.
So then I thought.....maybe reset the CBC. Pulled all associated CBC fuses and reset. Nope.
Then I thought. ....replace bulbs with stock ones and go thru the lights on-off process so the CBC 'sees' the bulbs are fixed. Only tried the tag lights. With stock bulbs, no more tag light out error. Cool, not thats 'reset' and my CBC white-gray wire grounded mod is done, go back to leds in tag lights. Nope....error message again.
Have not tried to 'reset with std bulb' method and then go back to leds with the CBC grou d mod yet on the turns. But prob won't fix it either.

In research the whole 'dealer code' seems to apply only 2012 and earlier. All I see for 2013 2014 is the rambodybuilder site mods. Add resistors.......CBC white-gray mod I did......or add mopar wire kit to a plug under the drivers fender liner (also grounds). Doesn't say u need to do all 3 just pick a method. Seems lime bad I fo IMO sincce method CBC gnd I did failed to work as advertised.

Im going to try some basic resistors on the tags tomorrow.
Stock 194s are measured at 5ohms with my Fluke meter at rest on the bench. My led 194 doesnt even measure any ohms...lol. I am going to try a 5 or 6 ohm resistor.

Asfar as turns and park.........
I got power resistors to wire In. But unsure if I need seperate park circuit and turn circuit resistors???