Led Light Bar Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olepainless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey guys. I have a guy I pass every morning at 6:30 am on the back country roads I take to work.
Typical ********* who will not turn down his bright lights regardless of being flashed or not.
It's a sports car so my assumption is this either an idiot that for the past 6 months still hasn't figured out what flashing lights mean, or an idiot that is just inconsiderate of others.

Ok, to the point. -

I am not looking for anything super high tech or expensive but I don't want junk either, so what would you recommend for a decent light bar for my ranch hand. Need something absolutely blinding that is not going to fall apart in a week. Would also like suggestions on Led fog lights if you guys have any.

I don't want Black and Decker, but I also don't need Festool - if you see what I mean.

Thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What size light bar can you fit on there? Also what size fogs would you need for that particular bumper? got any pics you can share?

we can set you up. We offer Baja designs, rigid, vision x, KC, and a bunch of other brands

OP
OP
Olepainless

Olepainless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So here are a couple of pics with what I am mounting to. I run a custom fab shop with a full metal shop so I can make custom brackets or modifications to the bumper pretty easily.

The 2 vertical supports on the Ranch Hand are maybe 38-40" inside to inside. So, a 36" led bar would be perfect. As far as the fog lights, the opening is decent size to accommodate the factory lights. I can mill or make a smaller bezel if I need to customize something for a LED light with a different shape than the opening.

Nick@gotexhaust - That may a tad much for what I am looking. A couple of LED fog lights and a 36"ish light bar That are decent quality and don't cost $1,000 ea I think will do.

Do you have any setup that would be bright enough to clearly make my point, but maybe not to the extreme of your "Welding with no helmet" brightness? :) 20190517_064641.jpg 20190517_064648.jpg

OP
OP
Olepainless

Olepainless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have been looking at the Rough Country LED bars, they seem to be a good combination of cost & quality. I have never owned a light bar, so this is just based on searching the different forums and reading reviews.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With that yak killer on the the nose of your truck, you could mount just about anything, so many possible mount points.

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've had the ROUGH COUNTRY black series for a few months. Mine has the Amber DRLs and the white LED is around 18,000 lumens if I remember correctly.

INSTANT SUNSHINE at night. It will definitely do the trick. Couldn't be more impressed with the quality

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you won't , that is total bs
the average 52" bar pus out 30000 to 50000 lumens
I believe the numbers are derived from advertising the theoretical maximum based on the type and quantity of LEDs, not any attempt to measure it. They usually call it "raw lumens".

Far more important to you if you want pure blinding forward penetrating power is to choose a spotlight bar over floodlight optics, for obvious reasons. I have a little cree handheld for example that on full flood isn't bad, but you can narrow it down to basically the shape of the diodes and it'll go for miles and if you look straight at that, woah!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have the RC 20" x5 https://www.roughcountry.com/20-inch-x5-led-light-bar-76920.html and the brackets https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-...0568.html?find=2018-dodge-ram-2500-4wd-156718

I can light up the road markers over a mile. Has a great center "flame thrower" and not too shabby side illumination. I travel 20 miles on a country highway with deer, antelope, fox. skunk etc and it has already saved my front end a couple of times. 10800 lumens and haven't lost a battle of the lights yet.

The X5 lights have an additional LED in the middle of the square of LEDs. (I have never seen the yellow as in this pic) One thing though is that the housing is a lil bigger than the standard and I had to take the mounting holes back about 1/2" so it would sit flush with the bumper
lights-x5-20-inch-led-light-bar_76920-face.jpg

With the 20" vs their 40", I have not seen any cooling issues
View media item 27197