Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxsen O

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I have a 2002 Ram 1500 and I decided to do some lighting upgrades and throw in some LEDs. There is just one thing that bothers me though. After the truck has been sitting for a little bit, I open the door and every led light on it blinks, even if they have a load resistor on them. Was just curious to know if anyone else had this strange problem and if so what I could do to try to fix it. Thanks, Jaxsen.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That's interesting. If you have the resistors across the wires (+ to -) before the bulb, the truck wouldn't know that they're LED. (Just thinking out loud here).

OP
OP
J

Jaxsen O

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
That's interesting. If you have the resistors across the wires (+ to -) before the bulb, the truck wouldn't know that they're LED. (Just thinking out loud here).

I do have the resistors tapped into the harness before the bulb. I can search all over and find nothing about this. I must be having some extremely weird issue. I don't even know where to start. Because I also upgraded my mirrors which now have turn signals and I tapped those into the blinker harness right where I did the resistors and they even blink too. Im stumped.