Left side steering wheel audio controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek2022Bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone else is having intermittent issues with the left side audio controls on the steering wheel? I believe the center button is to jump favorites and the up down is to scroll through each station. Sometimes they do nothing at all. Any input would be appreciated, the manual is vague. Thanks

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
When I had my first radio upgrade about midyear my steering wheel radio controls have not worked consistently. The left side controls will skip stations on SiriusXm where unfortunately I have to manually adjust the dial. I haven't reported this issue to FCA yet because I am due for my first maintenance and will address it at that time. Plus one of my harmon/kardon speakers on the front passenger side was having a static meltdown out of nowhere. But has not reoccured the last couple of days?

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I wish my audio controls were on the left, like my cars...

kldake

Reaction score
When I am in apple CarPlay the left side control doesn’t work
In Bluetooth or radio it works

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New Guy here . I'm having an iussue with the left side media controls on my brand new 2022 night Edition Ram .

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally figured out the fix for my left side of the steering wheels controls not working. I had to unpair my phone and delete it . The held in the volume knob for ten seconds until it rebooted . Put my phone back in and it works ow. So maybe try a reboot .

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
There was a TSB for some years that involved pulling the airbag, inspecting the connection, and spraying contact cleaner on the connection. If that does not work I try factory resetting.

Trainwreck313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here brand new Ram 1500 night edition, left side control center button does not work from time to time ... so annoying I can't switch my stations from the wheel!

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wait until you start changing stations sometimes from the RH audio controls.

Mdock41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Ram 2016 2500 and the left side menu buttons on steering wheel quit working. I can't access the menu and the horn doesn't work but everything else seems fine. Took it to the dealer and they want just under $1k to fix. You all have any suggestions?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat