Left tail light acting funny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Im at the end of my rope with this so hopefully someone can help. My left tail light has been acting funny. When i turn the left blinker on with the headlights off it kinda works but the reverse light bulb flickers faintly. When the headlights are on the left blinker flickers a faint flicker, if you blink youll miss the flicker. But the reverse light flickers faintly as well. along with that the right reverse light does the same thing. But only with the headlights on. When i put the truck in reverse with or without the headlights on i have no left reverse lights even though the bulb works. Ive replaced the boards and bulbs in each of the tail lights and checked some wiring with the limited electrical knowledge i have. Not sure what the problem could be. All the lights are stock. Can get a video if anyone wants the see this sorcery in action.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have something that you might try

I saw it quite some time ago, but there was a Youtube video
The name of the site is called
SouthMain Auto Repair

get a small wire brush or some sand paper

at the auto parts store there is a product called

Spray the Male contacts, then brush or sand those contacts until clean
Then spray again

That should get rid of any corrosion

Good Luck

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I agree. Gently clean all the connections you can get to, it's a good simple start. That solved a problem on my end with another truck after hours of everything else.

OP
OP
BigBlue05

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tried cleaning the contacts and nothing changed. posting a link to a video so yall can see whats going on.
Had to split the video in two. But the video starts with the headlights off and just the left blinker on.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like a ground issue to me... Check your grounds on the left taillight - you can even splice in a new ground wire and test the light with the new ground in place.