Level kit 2017 ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hollywood281

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Add both links - price is about the same . If you guys could help me put it would be much appreciated . Truck currently has about 70k miles with original bilstein 4600s
Which one would you choose and why ? Essentially main difference is obviously brand name and one has coils vs spacers . I believe the Fox shocks are better but will I get a better ride if I switch out coils
Thanks

https://usdieselparts.com/i-24069945-2-leveling-kit-fox-shocks-2014-2018-ram-2500-4wd.html

https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/...5100-0-1-rear-lift-shocks-14-17-ram-2500-4wd/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Look at Thuren Suspension Technology. Coils and Shocks will provide a much better ride for sure.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I prefer coils on these trucks. Thuren or Carli are a good choice for a better ride but might not be a good choice if you are hauling heavy or running a drop in bed camper so keep that in mind. If you just want a better ride go with those.

I have the Bilstein on mine (next model up) because I did not want to sacrifice tow/haul capacity and it's been fine, no complaints.

OP
OP
H

hollywood281

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks mtnrider. Now when you say sacrifice tow/hauling capacity what exactly do you mean . I don’t see myself getting a 5th wheel camper . Just haul a travel trailer no more than 8-10 grand possibly . Or are we talking a serious load. I will have the factory springs in the rear which seem to be great. When I hitch my boat (4K lbs) they don’t seem to even drop at all . Please elaborate if possible I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnie Straps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Carli kit on mine with Fox shocks on all four corners. I have factory rear springs and I added air bags because I do haul heavy with my truck and didnt want it to sag in the backend. Rides great.

Sloverado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I prefer coils on these trucks. Thuren or Carli are a good choice for a better ride but might not be a good choice if you are hauling heavy or running a drop in bed camper so keep that in mind. If you just want a better ride go with those.

I have the Bilstein on mine (next model up) because I did not want to sacrifice tow/haul capacity and it's been fine, no complaints.

I have the thuren springs bilstein shocks and it’s perfect for a hd truck

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
has any one got some Measurements of the rear spring spacers.
i am looking for the outer diameter and the center hole Diameter

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited: