Leveled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Truck looks good leveled. I was curious if I should get longer shocks and what would you guys suggest. Heard something about a Cali truck bar in the forum too but not sure why it's needed. Suggestions?

JeepN77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Underarock, I installed a BDS level spacer, FOX 2.0 shocks (which are longer front and rear). I ended up putting a 1" spacer in the rear because when I'm towing the rear drops just enough to make the rear sit lower than the front. I already had the longer shocks in the rear so the 1" spacer was not a big deal. I wish I would have done leveling front springs though, and not spacers. They snap at full lock. I just live with it. They are done right they have done it since I installed them. Only notice it in a parking lot.
Not sure about the bar you are referring to, unless it's the adjustable track bar. I would like to get one eventually, but it's not really needed. I've had mine on the alignment rack and I did it my self and it was fine.

Hope this helps.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
What type of leveling kit did you install? I'm assuming just spacers but what size? Longer shocks will give you a better ride as they'll be an upgrade over stock as well.

An adjustable track bar is a good option to recenter the front diff, help avoid death wobble issues, and keep the steering good and tight if you do install larger wheels/tires. Right now your front diff will be off to the driver's side of the truck because of the leveling kit.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
An adjustable track bar is a good option to recenter the front diff, help avoid death wobble issues, and keep the steering good and tight if you do install larger wheels/tires. Right now your front diff will be off to the driver's side of the truck because of the leveling kit.

Does a 2" spacer level do this to all 4th gen trucks? Any idea why the diff will be off to the driver's side?

I have that sort of level and am getting a bit of a vibration.

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The track bar centers the front axle. The higher the truck goes/lower the axle goes, the more of an angle the track bar goes. Since its solid mounted on the truck, the axle will pull to the drivers side slightly.

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You could put rancho 9000xl shocks on, they are adjustable for a firmer or softer ride.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does a 2" spacer level do this to all 4th gen trucks? Any idea why the diff will be off to the driver's side?

I have that sort of level and am getting a bit of a vibration.

Yes, all 2500/3500 trucks. The diff is off to the drivers side because of the increased height and how that affects the angle of the track bar. We could get into the trigonometry of it but essentially the track bar becomes too short which pulls the front diff to the driver's side of the truck. An adjustable track bar can be lengthened to be longer and recenter the differential under the truck.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Nice explanation, Brandon. I appreciate the info!

Now to find an adjustable track bar...

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Highly recommend Thuren's adjustable track bar. Aside from just centering the axle it made a huge difference in front end feel and confidence.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about a steering brace and who makes the best?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice explanation, Brandon. I appreciate the info!

Now to find an adjustable track bar...

Another +1 for Thuren. I just ordered one for my truck last week so I just went through an extensive comparison on a number of the available bars. Thuren is the best quality for the price that is guaranteed to work in pretty much every application.

What about a steering brace and who makes the best?

A number of them are very similar so essentially it comes down to who's cheapest. You just want to make sure that you get the type constructed of a square HSS for the cross brace rather than flat steel. I run Hell Bent Steel's as it was the best price I could find for that type. No complaints or issues with it from my end.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another +1 for Thuren. I just ordered one for my truck last week so I just went through an extensive comparison on a number of the available bars. Thuren is the best quality for the price that is guaranteed to work in pretty much every application.

A number of them are very similar so essentially it comes down to who's cheapest. You just want to make sure that you get the type constructed of a square HSS for the cross brace rather than flat steel. I run Hell Bent Steel's as it was the best price I could find for that type. No complaints or issues with it from my end.

thanks Brandon

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
db090b6a4e9dd103b66e8c8d0c6a7937.jpg532d2e322cb368e1dd97a24a5eb082a6.jpg
baf1704686f78dd440c4c6ab5803540d.jpg
2 1/2 Rough Country, with shock extensions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts