Leveling Advice - COMPLETELY LOST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randt26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
I've read almost every post and called a few shops in MN and now I'm even more confused. I'm not looking to add a crazy lift kit as all I'm really trying to do is remove the factory rake out of the truck, and create a better stance. What I have '21 Night Edition w/o air ride. Tow a large boat very regularly in the summer and will NEVER take the truck off road.

1.) Shop 1 is telling me to get the rough country leveling strut....but it's getting destroyed here
https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-leveling-struts-30001.html

2.) Shop 2 is telling me to get the Ready Lift Spacer system w/ new control arms.....spacers in general get destroyed here and this doesn't seem like a great solution when towing
https://www.readylift.com/2-front-leveling-kit-with-tubular-control-arms-2019-ram-1500-4wd-1.html

3.) Even talked to Nick who threw out an Eibach option for pre-loaded struts

Bilstein seems to be everyone's preferred path, questions on that. 1.) 5100's the way to go based on above and 2.) thoughts on the rear, necessary?

I realize this thread has been covered but really just need some advice from people with experience and who are much more mechanical!

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eibach or bilstein are extremely great option. I have bilstein struts and shocks on my 2017 with eibach springs front and rear. Love the ride. Can’t go wrong with either. @Nick@GotExhaust is an awesome person to deal with. That’s where I’ve bought a lot of my suspension and performance parts from. Can’t beat him.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Unless you plan on lifting the truck you have two choices to level it. Those are spacers or adjustable shocks.

Spacers are OK but they tend to create a suspension geometry issue unless you get a kit with a shock relocation bracket plus they introduce a bit of harshness to the front suspension.

The Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks are the preferred method for 1/2T trucks. You can dial in the amount of lift on the front end vs. dealing with the fixed dimension of a spacer. Plus the ride won't suffer from added stiffness.

As far as the rear goes, use of a Weight Distribution Hitch and Sway Control will help with any sag. If your boat & trailer continues to make the rear sag too much then I'd suggest you consider some load leveling airbags on the rear.

Weir003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-torque
I have a 2020 Rebel and I’m also looking to level. The Bilsteins are sold out everywhere and I called Eibach and they said they don’t make an adjustable shock for the Rebel. Are their any other options to level the Rebel.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have a 2020 Rebel and I’m also looking to level. The Bilsteins are sold out everywhere and I called Eibach and they said they don’t make an adjustable shock for the Rebel. Are their any other options to level the Rebel.
Yes

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m pretty sure anything that fits the regular trucks will fit the rebel because you’ll be deleting the air ride. If you tell places it’s for a rebel they’ll say no. If you say for a sport it’ll fit. Same truck just no air ride.

Hunterdave1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would talk with the guys at CJC off road and see what they can recommend for you. They have some nice setups so might be worth it.