Leveling Kit Install HELP...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coasty993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Good afternoon all. I am trying to install a Trailmaster leveling kit in my 2007 Ram 1500. I got everything apart, but could not get the bottom bolt for the strut out. I took the nut off, but the bolt itself would not budge. I took everyting apart except the upper control arm. Would that make that much of a diffeence getting the bolt out. Thanks for any help.

Jason

mikelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you spin the bolt with a wrench? Put the nut back on a few full thread turns and give it a wack with a dead blow hammer.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I moved this to the lifted section. Did you try to screw it out like I said in the others?

OP
OP
Coasty993

Coasty993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
LOL i tried all of those ideas. I took off the upper control arm, thinking that was holding it up, but still nothing. Ican turn it a little bit with a socket, but i looks like the rubber bushing is causing it to hang up. I am out of ideas with the exception of melting it out and buying new ones, but I am sure they are more money than I want to spend.

signed,

Still lost

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Man that's sucks. There was a thread somewhat recently where some guy had the same problem, But I don't think he was able to buy just that bolt. Did you soak the hell out of it with on blaster?

OP
OP
Coasty993

Coasty993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah, tried that too.

mikelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you need to hit it with an air hammer..... or just spin the bolt with an impact gun to loosen it up.

Worst case scenario you pop the caliper off the upright, take off the axle nut and knock the axle out of the hub, you should be able to push the lower control arm down low enough to get the strut out of the upper mount. Then you can just install the spacer and reverse the operation.
The lower A-arm mount bolts will be tight and there will be some spring back from the rubber bushings, if you need to, loosen the lower A-arm mounting bolts, but before you do mark the location of the eccentric's with a sharpie so you can get them back where they where upon reassembly. You will need an alignment anyway so they just have to be close..

Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coasty993

Coasty993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the help Mikelr. I tried the air wrench but not the air hammer. And I was thinking
Just what you said with the caliper and lowering the control ARM. I think that will be my
Next choice. Thanks again for all the help and ideas.