Levelling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingnothing395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter HEMI
I've got a 2.5-inch front/2-inch rear levelling kit for my 2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn 4WD. I do not have the air ride suspension. The front spacers mount on top of the strut, effectively making it 2.5 inches longer. The rear 2-inch spacers go under the coil. My tires are BF Goodrich TA KO2, 34.6". Anything I need to be aware of before I install? Any clearance issues or parts that need to be replaced to accommodate the small lift?

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Return the spacers and get an actual quality level, strut spacers cause all kinds of premature wear due to the excessive down travel they allow, and they’re also known to squeak.

Bilstein 5100s are the tried and true leveling option, you will want upper strut mounts as well if you assemble them yourself, and if you set the over 2” you will need angle correcting upper control arms such as JBA. For the rear, coil spacers are fine since it’s a solid axle, but you will want longer shocks.

Make sure when you install everything, that you loosen up all the suspension bushings and retighten them on the ground (under the weight of the truck). Otherwise the bushings will have excessive tension and tear, that goes for both the front and rear. Learned that the hard way.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^
Spacers are the entry level (pun intended) way to level your truck. All the stuff mrack stated above is true. Anything over 2 inches will throw off your CV angles and wear parts out faster if you don’t use angle correcting UCA’s. Not sure why you want to use spacers in the rear if you are going for a leveled look as they will keep the rake front to back. Bilsteins are an excellent way to go and not just because they are what I have on my truck. Mine have been on over four years with zero problems. No issues with noise, vibration or strange tire wear. No problems with wheel alignments either. Yes, the upfront cost is greater but having to replace worn out suspension parts is expensive especially if you eat up a CV axle.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I've got a 2.5-inch front/2-inch rear levelling kit for my 2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn 4WD. I do not have the air ride suspension. The front spacers mount on top of the strut, effectively making it 2.5 inches longer. The rear 2-inch spacers go under the coil. My tires are BF Goodrich TA KO2, 34.6". Anything I need to be aware of before I install? Any clearance issues or parts that need to be replaced to accommodate the small lift?
There is A LOT of reading on this forum and you did good asking first before you're just another thread on here wondering why the ride is not great.
Adding a spacer on top effects the travel of your suspension and the geometry is off so its going to destroy the rubber bushing and then start making noise. the only salvageable part after that is the coil spring if you decide to cut it apart. The rear spacer will un center your axle and rear swaybar will be at an angle that is not ideal. With rams you could have a buddy with the same truck that sits 2 inches higher or lower than yours that is a big reason you will find people "it worked" for but every last one of them will pay more than they need to on a basic replacement service or trade the truck in. Its the same as the guy that never changes his oil but has 380,000 miles and drives everyday.
I think I can speak for the majority of this forum by saying we collectively believe that modifying suspension components should be a win win / money well spent. Meaning an asthenic upgrade for visual purposes and a better ride for comfort, stiffness, performance, etc. The most popular tried and true upgrade has been the bilstein 5100 series that can be had for a couple extra dollars.

OP
OP
K

kingnothing395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter HEMI
Thank you for the responses. After considering your feedback here and other forums, I decided to go with the Bilstein 5100.

What tool works best for separating the UCA from the knuckle? I've worn myself out pounding on a pickle fork, pounding on the UCA and knuckle themselves. I've tried craftsman's separator, but it is too small, and another (larger) separator that was also too small. I need 3.75" or more to push the bolt up through the joint. I've borrowed a ball joint separator kit from the local auto parts store, but it is the wrong type, and too big and bulky to fit behind the knuckle. Do I have to take the damn thing completely off the truck?

Can anyone recommend a tool for this?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thank you for the responses. After considering your feedback here and other forums, I decided to go with the Bilstein 5100.

What tool works best for separating the UCA from the knuckle? I've worn myself out pounding on a pickle fork, pounding on the UCA and knuckle themselves. I've tried craftsman's separator, but it is too small, and another (larger) separator that was also too small. I need 3.75" or more to push the bolt up through the joint. I've borrowed a ball joint separator kit from the local auto parts store, but it is the wrong type, and too big and bulky to fit behind the knuckle. Do I have to take the damn thing completely off the truck?

Can anyone recommend a tool for this?

Attachments

• IMG_4803.jpeg
    IMG_4803.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 5