LIft kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
I read and read and read but I wanna know what brand is best for a 4'' lift, I want radius long arm! Is there a company that does long arms lift front and rear? If not which brand to you have or you prefer! Thank You! Im a futur owner of a brand new 2016 outdoorsman 2500 diesel!

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Superlift has a 4" lift with radius arms, bilsteins, and 4 new coils.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the long arm kits are 4 link conversions?

BDS sells a radius arm 4" kit and a 4 link 4" kit.

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the long arm kits are 4 link conversions?

BDS sells a radius arm 4" kit and a 4 link 4" kit.

I have a BDS 5.5" 4link kit...A 4-link conversion kit completely replaces your radius arms..u throw away your original radius arms. When you get a BDS lift, its either you keep your factory radius arms OR replace them with 4-link NEW control arms. There is no "regular" vs "long" radius arm option.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
they DO sell replacement radius arms...

BDS Radius Arm Upgrade Kit for RAM HDs

but we are on the same page... if you want "long arm", its 4 link conversion... I don't think any of the smaller kits (4") have a long arm option though, its just not required. I would say either BDS kit is fine. Really there are three, stock radius arms with drop brackets, replacement radius arms with no brackets, or the 4 link kit. Seeing that its probably not much more money (over the replacement radius arms), I would just get the 4 link kit.

Last edited:

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As others have stated, BDS is the way to go. Either their 4" radius arm kit or 4" 4-link kit will work great for you. Just depends on what you want to be doing with the truck and how you want it to look.

OP
OP
choquette

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
Ok, 4-link is better than radius? I'm gonna go into the wood a little bit but its more for the look than anything else! Putting 35'! So bds 4 link kit!
Is it going to throw away my warranty? Since its going to be a brand new truck! The 4link is for the front? and for the rear what is the upgrade?
What do you suggest for the kit? If its more look than pratical! Disconnect sway bar? Dual steering stab., dual front shock (fox front and rear) adjustable track bar etc

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, 4-link is better than radius? I'm gonna go into the wood a little bit but its more for the look than anything else! Putting 35'! So bds 4 link kit!
Is it going to throw away my warranty? Since its going to be a brand new truck! The 4link is for the front? and for the rear what is the upgrade?
What do you suggest for the kit? If its more look than pratical! Disconnect sway bar? Dual steering stab., dual front shock (fox front and rear) adjustable track bar etc

The 4-link kit will provide more articulation than a radius arm kit. They're also slightly more adjustable and look better IMO. Especially once you get into bigger lift kits. On road you won't notice much difference.

BDS provides a full lifetime warranty on the kit itself and provides factory protection warranty. Anything the dealership doesn't warranty because of the lift should be covered by BDS. However you shouldn't have any issues with warranty at all.

The rear suspension on your truck is already a 4-link system. So no need to upgrade that. It will come with 2.5" progressive rate coils, track bar drop bracket, bump stops, shocks, and all necessary hardware.

As far as extras go:
  • Sway bar disconnect is up to you. That will give you more articulation (flex) offroad but most guys don't need it unless you're doing some serious crawling.
  • I would recommend a good dual steering stabilizer setup. I run the BDS brackets with Fox 2.0 shocks on my 2012 and they work/feel great. I would also recommend getting a steering box brace from a company like Hell Bent Steel to keep the steering feeling nice and firm.
  • I wouldn't bother with dual shocks front or rear. They won't be tuned to be installed like that so it's really more for looks than anything and will actually make your ride more stiff.
  • Adjustable track bars are only required if you really want to fine tune the location of the differentials under the truck or add additional lift on top of what it's designed for.

OP
OP
choquette

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
are the brake lines a must?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With only a 4" kit, no. I have an 8" kit and no extended brake lines. Just the relocation brackets that came with the kit.

OP
OP
choquette

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
ok thanks for your help!

OP
OP
choquette

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
One more question 4inch lift is it too much for a fifth wheel?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on how high your trailer sits. It definitely could be as Ram's already sit high stock. You'll likely want to do some measuring before you pull the trigger on the lift.

Quackwhackertim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
You could put a little lift on the trailer to make it match.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517