Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lift pump issues

Discussion in 'P Pump' started by Kimo b, Jun 10, 2021 at 4:56 PM.

1. Kimo b

Kimo b Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9cummings
    I have a1999 ram2500 cummings it starts right up runs good ro about 3 min then starts running very poorly if you turn off truck & restart it's does the same thing you can still be rolling I also have had an issue climbing up saddle rd were the truck will just be eating up that asphalt on that hill & it's like somebody turned off the turbo I would pull over turn off truck would run fine for 10-15 min & then it would do it again I think these two things are related the injection pump is fine had a good mechanic check it he thinks it is a power issue w the lift pump which is a air dog raptor which was installed in the last 6mo it didn't fix the old problem it threw a I think po219 fuel injection pump and ecc didn't agree on were tdc was so I replaced crankshaft sensor didn't help it look like a computer issue has anyone else had similar issues& what was the solution I also would like to mention I live in a very rainy climate even stainless steel corrodes here