Lift review/opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking to lift my ram in the future and I am doing my research on the lift I want, I am leaning toward the procomp stage 2 coilover kit and possible a body lift the truck will be pretty much a road queen with an occasional woods party, I am wanting to run 37 and 22 xd monsters with 4.56 gears I do like my truck to set a little nose high but the guy I talked to told me if I was to stack a leveling kit with the lift I would sacrifice ride quality so I was thinking just less lift in the rear, is there any truth to that, could I put 37"s with a 6" lift and what do y'all recommend for the best quality lift for these trucks and what do y'all think about the procomp stage 2 lift?

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I'm running 37s on a 6" Pro Comp lift on my 2010. Only difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2 is the upgraded shocks (double check on that for your particular year though). I personally didn't seen the need for paying so much for little better shocks so I went with Stage 1. Pro Comp does make a good solid lift though; I have no complaints with mine.

OP
OP
HemiSport07

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I understood the factory coils where not used in the stage 2 and a coilover setup took the shock and factory coils where in the stage one you had a spacer and reused the stock coil. How is the ride quality of your procomp lift, how would you compare it to stock as far as handling and steering

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Stage 1, you are correct, it resuses the factory coil and also uses a preload spacer. If you have the extra money to spend, the Stage 2 is a nice kit, don't get me wrong. I don't have any complains on ride quality - been a while since I've been completely stock, but I'd say it's really about the same as stock from what I can remember. Handing it is a little different, but I've got some heavy, wide, 37s so I'm not expecting it to handle like it's stock. You just get used to it after a while.

OP
OP
HemiSport07

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It makes stuff easier to load and for bed drainage purposes, lol honestly its just personal preference I think it gives the truck more of a proud stance, so what do yall think about 37's on the 3rd gen with that lift?