Lifting a 2022 EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlock1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Hey Fellas need some input here.
For those running a zone or for that matter any 4 inch lift have you ran into front driveshaft vibration issues?
If so, what was your solution, custom driveshaft, shimming the diff, balancing the driveshaft, etc?
Anyone running a 6 inch lift have any issues?
What was your solution if any issues?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey Fellas need some input here.
For those running a zone or for that matter any 4 inch lift have you ran into front driveshaft vibration issues?
If so, what was your solution, custom driveshaft, shimming the diff, balancing the driveshaft, etc?
Anyone running a 6 inch lift have any issues?
What was your solution if any issues?
Eco diesel requires a custom front driveshaft not 100% but I believe @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with an Adam’s driveshaft

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel requires a custom front driveshaft not 100% but I believe @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with an Adam’s driveshaft

Its definitely the driveshaft that is the issue. Its 4" shorter on the ED and lifts put it at too much angle. In MOST cases it causes vibration. Unfortunately we do not offer Adam's currently. We work with other companies that make driveshafts but they do not make anything for the RAM right now.

OP
OP
Warlock1

Warlock1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Its definitely the driveshaft that is the issue. Its 4" shorter on the ED and lifts put it at too much angle. In MOST cases it causes vibration. Unfortunately we do not offer Adam's currently. We work with other companies that make driveshafts but they do not make anything for the RAM right now.
Hey Nick, can you find out from the powers that be (manufacturers, installers, purchasers) if they could measure what that angle is after the lift has been installed? It seems that a shim could be made similar to the 6" lift with just a few degrees added in to make a difference. I have access to some offroad fabricators that can not only make me a driveshaft but can also pretty much make anything. Thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Nick, can you find out from the powers that be (manufacturers, installers, purchasers) if they could measure what that angle is after the lift has been installed? It seems that a shim could be made similar to the 6" lift with just a few degrees added in to make a difference. I have access to some offroad fabricators that can not only make me a driveshaft but can also pretty much make anything. Thanks

I can try. I would say a new driveshaft is the best option. If it was as simple as just making a spacer I am sure the lift manufacturers would of just done that.

Ecosqueasl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I have a 2015 ecodiesel, took a 4 inch lift out 2 years ago. It had a 1 inch spacer mounted on the end of shaft I remember, can't recall any shaft vibration until it went bad on me. Make sure your engine mount bolts are tight, that's what messed my shaft.