lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis8955

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500
Engine
hemi 5.7
how you doing i want to put a lift on my 2016 ram 1500 i have been looking at the 4 inch lift and a six inch. im not looking to do any serious off roading with it besides going to the beach or upstate. any information would be appreciated and pictures too.
Thank you

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Go 6in and be happy with it lol

This is a 6in zone lift with bils at 2.1

20180729_101132.jpg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What size tire and wheel do you want?

What is your gear ratio?

2wd or 4wd?

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My signature has pics of my 2016 Ram with a Superlift 4" lift and Bilsteins set to 1.4".

I love the look of my lift but would have gone with the 6" had it not been for my limitations in getting into my garage with anything taller than the 4" lift.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My signature has pics of my 2016 Ram with a Superlift 4" lift and Bilsteins set to 1.4".

I love the look of my lift but would have gone with the 6" had it not been for my limitations in getting into my garage with anything taller than the 4" lift.
wouldnt a 6" lift (without the preload spacer and the Bils set to stock ride height) be about the same height you have now but the 6" also would give you the flexibility to go up to 2.8" higher in the future if you wanted for a total possible of more than 8" lift?

with the 4" lift and Bils youll always be limited to a hair over 6" with maxed Bils?

just saying.....and yes.....i was someone who came on here looking for 4" lift kits bc i didnt want to go too high with the truck but here i stand today (like so many others) wanting to max out my Bils on the 6" kit i got and get bigger tires lol

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wouldnt a 6" lift (without the preload spacer and the Bils set to stock ride height) be about the same height you have now but the 6" also would give you the flexibility to go up to 2.8" higher in the future if you wanted for a total possible of more than 8" lift?

with the 4" lift and Bils youll always be limited to a hair over 6" with maxed Bils?

just saying.....and yes.....i was someone who came on here looking for 4" lift kits bc i didnt want to go too high with the truck but here i stand today (like so many others) wanting to max out my Bils on the 6" kit i got and get bigger tires lol

I'm not really sure to be honest. I did this build in baby steps to ensure it would fit into my garage.

I got advice from the forums and most agreed that the 6' lift wouldn't be able to get into a garage with a standard 7' door.

I first did the lift only so I still had some factory rake because of the 4" front/3"rear specs of the 4" Superlift kit.

Once I saw that I could get into my garage with room to spare even having the Navigation puck on my roof, I knew I could go higher on the front to level the truck off.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another option (If you haven’t already bought Bilsteins and only want a 4” lift and 35’s) is buy a BDS or Zone 6” lift with the 3” rear coils. During install just don’t install the front strut preload spacer, this would give you an approx front 5” lift and rear 3” lift and leave a slight rake.

Neal13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JB1....have you discussed this in another thread? Also had a couple pictures of two truck? Trying to find that thread but can’t.
Can you direct me please?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JB1....have you discussed this in another thread? Also had a couple pictures of two truck? Trying to find that thread but can’t.
Can you direct me please?

I have given this advice many times. I almost went this route myself so I saved his truck pics. Someday I might lower mine down to this setting and run a smaller tire. That's what's great about the BDS or ZONE lifts...adjustability.

Here's the truck with BDS/ZONE 6", no preload spacer (his struts are bone stock and required no disassembly) with 3" rear coils. He has 20x9 +0mm wheels and 35x12.50R20. Has a nice stance with the OEM flares IMO.

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JB1....i think the smart move is what youre saying and is simple and will provide great front end geometry:

6" kit
leave out pre-load spacer
leave factory height front struts
go with the smaller rear spring option

youre going to be barely higher than a 4" kit but have the adjustability if you ever want to go higher in the future

he could leave it like described above or he can get bilsteins at 2.8 and put the bigger rear springs and 37s on without too much effort down the road

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since the shop won’t need to touch the struts they might knock off some $$ from the installation cost too or you can still add the Bilsteins at 0” lift if you just want a better strut, possibilities are endless.