Lights 2022 Canadian Ram 1500 Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCanada67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi. I live in Canada and just bought a new 2022 Ram 1500 Classic Crew Cab SLT. I traded in a 2019 Ram 1500. I know that Canadian law requires all vehicles to have daytime running lights. Looks like Ram took away the option of turning ALL the lights off on the lights selector dial.

My question: is there a way to turn off ALL lights while parked with the engine running on 2022 models? Ive read through several threads and cant find a definitive answer. I've googled it and can't find anything definitive.

I could turn off ALL lights on my 2019. The 2019 had 4 options on the light selector dial...off, auto, parking lights, and on. The 2022 only has 3 options. The off position (little circle symbol) is no longer there. I tried applying the parking brake while idling but that didn't work. I went into all of the truck setup settings and there is nothing in there about daytime running lights or anything about turning ALL the lights off (probably because it's the Canadian model). The only thing I can do is turn off the headlights by setting the lights selector dial to the center option (parking lights), but that leaves the parking lights on (orange indicator lights and tail lights).

The main reason I need to turn off ALL lights while idling is because we like going to drivein movies. In the past I could run the truck for 10 or 15 mins for some A/C without any lights coming on. Tail lights and parking lights on at a drive in are really annoying. I don't want to be that guy.

Can you take it back to the dealership and ask them if there's some Ram tech thing they can do? Is there anything we customers can do ourselves? I have zero technical skills when it comes to vehicle computers. Thanks for any insight!

Last edited:

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi I have a 22 Warlock classic , just checked mine . If you use remote start they come on . Apply parking brake before starting , switch in auto and they did not come on until brake was released and truck put in gear . Hope this helps .

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Forgot to mention mine is a Canadian model as well .

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Hi I have a 22 Warlock classic , just checked mine . If you use remote start they come on . Apply parking brake before starting , switch in auto and they did not come on until brake was released and truck put in gear . Hope this helps .
My 2021 2500 is Canadian spec too and works the same way. Park brake on BEFORE starting, no lights at all.