Limp mode. Still?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevenr9999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,

My truck keeps going into limp mode. I’ve already switched the shift solenoid. After replacing the solenoid my truck was performing flawlessly for a day or two. Then went back into limp mode today. I’ve also replaced the transmission fuse and relay. I also changed the whole PCM. That too got it out of limp mode for a little while. What else can it be? The fluid is clean and is where it needs to be as well. I plugged in my cheapy Amazon code reader and had the P0888 code which means relay. But now when I plug in the computer today it says “no bus” only when comp is plugged in

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need someone with a decent scanner not a cheap amazon one to get in and read trans codes ect and see if it can communicate with it. When the pcm was changed was it programmed to your truck? You cant just plug and play also its rarely the pcm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stevenr9999

Stevenr9999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes. I had it programmed. VIN, mileage. Everything.

seanclark1503

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
On some trucks with certain parts, they have to be ‘introduced’ or calibration is necessary. Also , was your plastic connector on your new shift solenoid (or whatever it’s called) the same color as the other part that you plugged it into ? That matters , it’ll plug in fine but not work properly with the software etc.

ahow455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 4.7 ltr. I have put two transmissions in this truck and I'm still having the same problem with it going into limp mode. While in limp mode the truck will not take off in 1st gear it starts 2nd. Only when I turn the engine off and back on will it cycle through gears correctly. If anyone has the answer to my issue do tell.

BleedBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
VVT 3.6L
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 3.6L. I go into limp mode two to four times per week. Sometimes twice in a day. I’ve had so many things replaced and I’m at the point that I give up. Is there an actual fix for this?. I hate being on the highway in the left lane and then it goes into limp mode and drops to 55mph and everyone behind me is giving me the bird. Any info would be great. Thanks