Long travel rear suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually they show 6 listings all with the same description and application lol

214CA-40
214CA-60

215CA-40
215CA-60

216CA-40
216CA-60

Gotta love those Chinese Zone knock offs lol

Check out their Chinese AMP Powerstep knock offs

https://www.rollingbigpower.com/stealthpower/index.html

Damn wonder why so many ? :)
They didn't get back to me with any news so i don't know yet if they have an offset or not. You might think they don't want to move them out of inventory.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Damn wonder why so many ? :)
They didn't get back to me with any news so i don't know yet if they have an offset or not. You might think they don't want to move them out of inventory.

It looks like the CST Dirt series part# CSS-D2-5 UCA's are factory spec according to their website. But I just got off the phone with them and they have in his words a slight correction.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like the CST Dirt series part# CSS-D2-5 UCA's are factory spec according to their website. But I just got off the phone with them and they have in his words a slight correction.
It looks like Fabtech might be the only one at the moment at stock lenght. they told me you could install theirs in a factory RAM 1500 at 0" lift because it was factory lenght no offset. You can always double check the info with them just in case.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So in conclusion, nobody in the world makes an OEM length replacement UCA with a conventional ball joint, no angle correction and heavy duty suitable for normal offroading (I do not consider mevotech heavy duty)

Sounds like a good thing to design/sell to corner the market imo.....sell to the mass

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So in conclusion, nobody in the world makes an OEM length replacement UCA with a conventional ball joint, no angle correction and heavy duty suitable for normal offroading (I do not consider mevotech heavy duty)

Sounds like a good thing to design/sell to corner the market imo.....sell to the mass

Its a strange situation

BmSzondi89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you work with plastics at all, a good solution for a boost gauge would be awesome. I'm not a fan of the AutoMeter A-pillar fit/finish.

I have done work and do do work with plastics actually right down to 3d printing new panels and switch panel and 2-way radio housings. Gives the end user a chance to get something exactly how he wants it. Ive looked at injection moulding but the amount of orders required would flood a fairly niche market

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have done work and do do work with plastics actually right down to 3d printing new panels and switch panel and 2-way radio housings. Gives the end user a chance to get something exactly how he wants it. Ive looked at injection moulding but the amount of orders required would flood a fairly niche market

That makes sense. Slightly off topic - where did you get your fenders/bedsides?

BmSzondi89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

RamBat23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks Tyler, and yes that is correct I am aiming to be more of a ram specific shop (maintaining a healthy product lineup for 2-5th gens for sure.) I’m currently working on the 4th Gen truck’s and have interior parts/panels for switches, 2-way radios, GPS, monitors. Etc as well as I have the ability and I am totally willing to do one offs. Suspension wise, the plan is to have an arrangement of systems from mild to wild (caged/back halfed) for rear suspension and for the front it will be 3 systems. A chase style system that maintains factory dimensions but has increased travel 1-1.5” due to joint choices, a “prerunner kit” which will be similar to the kits from kore and dirt king which will see around 13-14” of travel and utilize a single coilover, and finally a J-Arm system that will he bypass and coilover on each side and be slightly wider taking the track width to around 93-94”. And plenty of other accessories to compliment the trucks! Feel free to reach me on
Ig: Bmszondi and szondi_motorsport_design
Facebook:
Brayden M. Szondi
Szondi Motorsport Design
Or Text me @ 403-866-4268
Is there any update on this ?
I'm interessed in a long travel front and rear and I like to build my rig in a more DiY way and have a fab shop available anytime.
I'm trying here as I don't have Facebook or Instagram, not sure if I should text either, just in case it's not your number anymore.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Mopar 2" lift for these trucks does increase rear travel around 20%.. it's not a desert race setup or anything but it's proven and affordable.

RamBat23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Was really looking for a long travel setup, kind of have a big project coming and there's about no choice for our trucks...

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Was really looking for a long travel setup, kind of have a big project coming and there's about no choice for our trucks...
Dirt King and maybe Baja designs would be the 2 I imagine that have readily available kits for the front. Its been a minute since I looked into this to confirm. Plenty of guys run their 4wd kit, and beat the snot out of it. Limiting factor being 4wd cvs and likely shock diameter. Depending on intentions you can tune the shocks and have plenty of quality travel. 2wd setups open a different realm of possibilities.

The rear is much easier, limited by the pinion angle at full droop. The short arms require straps limit it to about 28.5" long extended shock iirc in OEM location. I haven't calculated the motion ratio in the rear, but its not 1:1, and I'm running 16.6"/28" shocks. Likely about 12.5" or so vertical. Shocks and valving are my limiting factor there since they're only 2" diameter. Again, this oem bolt in style and things change drastically once you go custom. Plenty of ways to get an easy 12-13" rear quality travel w/ minimal effort.

I'm running a mid travel setup with basic bolt ons and the truck surprises me, a well tuned DK setup in the front with proper rear would likely get you to about 13" for both and handle super well, aside from lots of air time.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB 2WD 6sp
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Dirt King and maybe Baja designs would be the 2 I imagine that have readily available kits for the front. Its been a minute since I looked into this to confirm. Plenty of guys run their 4wd kit, and beat the snot out of it. Limiting factor being 4wd cvs and likely shock diameter. Depending on intentions you can tune the shocks and have plenty of quality travel. 2wd setups open a different realm of possibilities.

The rear is much easier, limited by the pinion angle at full droop. The short arms require straps limit it to about 28.5" long extended shock iirc in OEM location. I haven't calculated the motion ratio in the rear, but its not 1:1, and I'm running 16.6"/28" shocks. Likely about 12.5" or so vertical. Shocks and valving are my limiting factor there since they're only 2" diameter. Again, this oem bolt in style and things change drastically once you go custom. Plenty of ways to get an easy 12-13" rear quality travel w/ minimal effort.

I'm running a mid travel setup with basic bolt ons and the truck surprises me, a well tuned DK setup in the front with proper rear would likely get you to about 13" for both and handle super well, aside from lots of air time.

Awesome information! I am torn between a few different trucks, in 1/2 ton looking at a RCSB classic ram or tundra, both 4wd, looking to install mid travel.Which would you recommend? I'm a ram fan, but everything I read points to go with a different truck if you want a mid travel type truck.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what is the suspension travel for a stock truck? Do these cheap a$$ leveling kits reduce suspension travel up front?
Pretty sure stock is around 7 or 8” front travel and maybe 9 or 10 rear. A good set of coil overs and upper control arms will bring you to 9 or so front travel and a cheaper rear kit with springs can bring you to around 11 or 12” of travel as far as I remember. I’m running bilstein 5160 extended length rear shocks and figure I’m around 12” of rear travel with almost 9” front travel with bilstein 5100. Soon to upgrade to 6112 but they are the same length

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front strut is very nearly 2/3 the distance from the frame pivot and the lower ball joint. That means front travel is about 150% of the strut's stroke.