Longhorn Decal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Hey guys, I recently ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn. I'm trying to figure out if I want to add some decals to make it more personalized. I will be adding after market accessories but I think I want a touch more then that. So below is an example of a decal I'm thinking about getting custom made. Since I've bought the longhorn I thought the Ram Official Longhorn Emblem would be nice. I've done some googling and can't find anyone with it so it would also be more original.

Anyway point of the story is I want to know y'alls opinions on it.

Side.jpg

I'm aware the picture isn't a Longhorn but seeing as I don't have possession of the truck yet I cant exactly take my own pictures and have to resort to what I can find online.

Thanks in advance!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I think the sticker looks great. I might even consider putting that on my longhorn.

OP
OP
Mr.Asmith9

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
I think the sticker looks great. I might even consider putting that on my longhorn.

I also thought about putting it on the hood, and or the tailgate but not all locations.

My thoughts on the hood is you would then need to add accent detailing on the rear quarter panel of the truck bed like where I have the decal now. It would also be a more aggressive look or sporty however you consider it.

It looks pretty good on the tailgate too, but I think I want to keep it something low key. But to be honest I'm not sure. Hence why I'm asking for opinions lol.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
but I think I want to keep it something low key.

That's far from "low key" in my opinion.

A single pin stripe would look better, if you must add something to it.

Just my $.02. :)

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
just remember that in 2-3 years if you dont like the decal.. or it starts to look like ****.. your paint may be faded around the decal... I personally dont like anything but a clean paint job!

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
As the owner of a Longhorn, I'm not a fan of the decal. But, it's your truck.

salibas007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like it. You want to make the truck more personalized, get a nice set of wheels. Just don't mess with the paint. You'll regret it down the road.

OP
OP
Mr.Asmith9

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
As the owner of a Longhorn, I'm not a fan of the decal. But, it's your truck.

Mind explaining what you don't like about it, Is it just to much "longhorn" or?

I don't like it. You want to make the truck more personalized, get a nice set of wheels. Just don't mess with the paint. You'll regret it down the road.

My complaint with the wheels is that it's so common for people to get some massively produced, although appealing, rims. I do understand the messing with the pain though. I just want something more original.

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
just remember that in 2-3 years if you dont like the decal.. or it starts to look like ****.. your paint may be faded around the decal... I personally dont like anything but a clean paint job!

This is true. Its your truck and you're the one writing the check. Do what you like.

fcbubba

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like it but is a tad large IMO. Make it smaller and I think it's a winner!!

OP
OP
Mr.Asmith9

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
I like it but is a tad large IMO. Make it smaller and I think it's a winner!!
I was thinking the size of the 4x4 stickers on most trucks in that area if that's what you were thinking? It's hard to photoshop it that size and keep it identifiable.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say the Longhorn looks great as is. Adding decals will cheapen the look.

OP
OP
Mr.Asmith9

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Thanks for your opinion kkreit I appreciate it.

Keep them coming guys!

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys, I recently ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn. I'm trying to figure out if I want to add some decals to make it more personalized. I will be adding after market accessories but I think I want a touch more then that. So below is an example of a decal I'm thinking about getting custom made. Since I've bought the longhorn I thought the Ram Official Longhorn Emblem would be nice. I've done some googling and can't find anyone with it so it would also be more original.

Anyway point of the story is I want to know y'alls opinions on it.

View attachment 22572

I'm aware the picture isn't a Longhorn but seeing as I don't have possession of the truck yet I cant exactly take my own pictures and have to resort to what I can find online.

Thanks in advance!

Just something to think about if you are into detailing your truck and are using a buffer.

Just like the OEM Dodge emblems, any sticker you put on your truck, you will have to be extremly careful buffing around stickers. Also, as it was said on here, if you leave that sticker on to long you will see a difference in the paint when it comes time to take it off.

OP
OP
Mr.Asmith9

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Thanks Slidder, I wouldn't of know about buffing. I appreciate your input.

Does anyone know how long high quality decals tend to last?

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks Slidder, I wouldn't of know about buffing. I appreciate your input.

Does anyone know how long high quality decals tend to last?

I've seen some really cheap decals outlast very expensive ones. Think what you have to take into consideration is where you park your truck. Is it parked outside, at work or while home, one needs to take into consideration the UV rays that will be heating them up.

Ever looked at an older vehicles rubber that goes around the windows, etc. Well after a period of time, you will start to see minute cracks in them. However to keep them in some kind of good shape, you can rub different products on them to keep them from getting hard. One example can be the VRT that Adam's wax sells.

I'm not saying that VRT will stop a decal from going bad, just saying that perhaps there is some type of product that you may be able to rub over a decal to keep it from cracking.

Try to keep any edges of the decals from peeling back. Once this happens, water, dirt, etc can slowly work in behind the decal. Same would be applicable when washing your truck. Also, keep any high pressure water systems from spraying on any decal.

I'm far from being an expert on this subject because I never put decals on my vehicles. However, the worst thing you can do is to leave a decal on your truck when you start to see it cracking or the edges peeling back. If you see that happening and can't get the decal to come off easy, just take a heat gun (low heat) and work it back and forth over the decal. It won't take long for the glue to break loose and come off. No heat gun ~ use the wife's hair dryer on low heat.

Wish I could have been more help.