Longhorn in Australia.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Sweet

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That is one beautiful truck is most of that new custom parts or is alot of it reused

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is just awesome man...best of luck with it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 srt 10
Engine
Viper 8.3
Srt 10 in melb

Hi your so doing the right thing as australia dont do any big useable utes

im new here but i am moveing to victoria australia in feb 2013 from uk and takeing my 2005 qc srt-10 i have owned it for five years and only done 20000 miles i will have to do rhd conversion on it which is gonna hurt as truck is like my baby so i bought complete rhd kit from eagle automotive in nz as couldnt let someonre else do that to my baby i own workshop in uk so have all tools and equipment needed.
If any one can help with reg and required docs for victoria would be greatly recived

Parts should arrive in about 9 weeks time i will post pics of proceses

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Awesome thread.. Great journey! Happy all worked out!

Also curious about warranty..

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
At least the AU dollar is more valuable than the US dollar. Should offset the cost a Lil bit

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
In hindsight it might have been better to get one with a center console... That way you don't have the column shifter getting in the way

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great thread. And congrats.
Aussie is probably the worst place for importing vehicles. The UK, for example, doesn't require the rhd conversion, there are American cars about and I don't think they hassle you so much with taxes. Likewise in mainland Europe, plenty of American cars, the country I was born in loves mopars, you don't obviously need to convert jack crap or do anything other than importing and maybe paying a few bucks for customs. In fact, I wanted to sell my previous truck over there.

Anyways! I love oz , but there's a reason I didn't move there. They whole country has become like one big California. The only kudos goes to the people for using diesel.

(And holy crap, I thought cars were super expensive in the states!!)

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the other hand, if I had the cash, i am sure I probably would want to convert a truck like this as well, no doubt. Much more convenient.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
At least the AU dollar is more valuable than the US dollar. Should offset the cost a Lil bit

Uhm... Not so much... For every US dollar, they pay $1.07 AU dollars.

I know this because I own an AU car and buy parts from them.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
I have a question for the OP. I am in the Oil and Gas Industry and there is talk about a discovery in Australia that dwarfs anything we have found in the US.

Most all the trucks required for our industry are 2500/3500 HD. (moving rig parts, etc...).

Would a company looking to do business have to incur the cost of having their entire fleet converted to RHD? Is there anyone in the world that sells HD trucks that are already RHD?

Interesting post...I have read all responses and progress and enjoyed it. Great to see you finally get your baby home!

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Guys, just because they don't have HUGE trucks doesn't mean they don't have trucks that can handle a load. They use a LOT of diesels and get many Japanese trucks we could only wish to get. Their vehicles are usually stronger than ours due to the driving conditions in the "outback".

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone always asks me "so how do you get this done over there without a truck?" I don't know, it gets done.

Last edited: