Longhorn in Australia.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know how I missed this thread. Truck looks great, and my grandparents owned a business in NZ and would tell me about the crazy difference in prices on things ( i.e. cars) and another thing, shirts over there are SMALL!! She brought me back a xxl that was more like a US Large. lol. Look forward to seeing the finished project!

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
I don't know how I missed this thread. Truck looks great, and my grandparents owned a business in NZ and would tell me about the crazy difference in prices on things ( i.e. cars) and another thing, shirts over there are SMALL!! She brought me back a xxl that was more like a US Large. lol. Look forward to seeing the finished project!

Are you in Olathe, KS ? We stayed there 18 months ago and went to most amazing pizza joint... Old Chicago.

I've driven around US (Coast to coast) twice and been to US 9 times.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you in Olathe, KS ? We stayed there 18 months ago and went to most amazing pizza joint... Old Chicago.

I've driven around US (Coast to coast) twice and been to US 9 times.

Haha yeah! Old Chicago is awesome. Rivals most of the original Chicago pizza joints I've been to up there.

Did you visit on vacation or business?

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Haha yeah! Old Chicago is awesome. Rivals most of the original Chicago pizza joints I've been to up there.

Did you visit on vacation or business?

We go every year on vacation. Generally a 5 week trip. We get 4 weeks annual leave every year in Australia and I've got a bunch built up.

Here is our website from previous 2 trips:
Irvines on Patrol

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Here are some more updates.

Truck will be ready tomorrow, just waiting on custom made dash cluster from Canada which is on back order !

image-4-1.jpg

image-3-1.jpg

image-2-2.jpg

More images coming tomorrow !

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Lookin' good, that would be fun to drive! But definitely weird in compared to what I am used to seeing.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Here are some of the latest conversion photos

Picking it up in less than 2 weeks !!!

image-12.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-8-1.jpg

image-7-1.jpg

image-5-1.jpg

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Quick update...

Delivery is booked in ! Next Thursday 19th (Wednesday your time). I have a 2 hour flight then will pick up ram and begin my 20hr drive home.

VERY excited, will post photos as I drive so you can see a Right Hand drive Ram driving down highway.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
2 hour flight = 20 hour drive...........so the roads are **** or that is one fast ************* plane!

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I think the strangest thing about driving the imported F-trucks down here is trying to shift, and use the blinker at the same time since they don't swap the components on the steering columns around lol.

You are halfway around a roundabout, and the blinker clicks off, so you feel obliged to turn it back on, but you also need third gear or something lol.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 hour flight = 20 hour drive...........so the roads are **** or that is one fast ************* plane!

Slow roads. Only average about 50 mph

Whereas like a plane trip from my house to atlanta is around 2 hours but only around 874 miles. Driving takes about 14.5 hours so average about 60 mph

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Slow roads. Only average about 50 mph

Whereas like a plane trip from my house to atlanta is around 2 hours but only around 874 miles. Driving takes about 14.5 hours so average about 60 mph

And unlike our USA road trips, here in Australia if you go only a few % above speed limit they will nab you. They are VERY efficient at this.

I got busted for 54 in a 50 zone ! And thats in KM/hr !! Over $100 fine.
Thats like being busted for 33 miles/hr in a 30 zone ! On a sunday at 7am.

"But its all about safety, no revenue raising"... :flipthebird: