Looking for some recommendations for front end parts for my 03 3500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Raminator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 03 has 350k on the original front end parts. I have the 5.9 Cummins with a 6 sp. manual and SRW 4x4. I tried to get it aligned but they said I needed ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. I'm thinking of just rebuilding the whole enchilada. I was also considering a kit that makes it so the front hubs can be unlocked but the price is pretty steep for that, 2k+, so I might just go for the replacement of the front end parts and call it good. I mean, really, how much fuel will I save by unlocking the front hubs? Is it worth it? Anyway, I would sure appreciate the input of anyone who's upgraded their front end parts with something better than stock. Thanks, in advance, for your time and input.

George

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
When I did mine on my old 06 many years ago I put OEM back in, I'm sure you can find better then OEM ( everyone has there own opinion of what brand it best) the quality of OEM has goin down, I would not spend the 2K to change over to unlocking hub don't think it would pay for it self if fuel savings

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Welcome to the forums. I can't help you on the parts question, but I can tell you that the fuel savings going to unlocking front hubs isn't worth the cost of converting them. Good luck with your project.

OP
OP

03Raminator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I did mine on my old 06 many years ago I put OEM back in, I'm sure you can find better then OEM ( everyone has there own opinion of what brand it best) the quality of OEM has goin down, I would not spend the 2K to change over to unlocking hub don't think it would pay for it self if fuel savings
I really appreciate your input. I have considered just using OEM parts but will probably opt of something a bit more robust, especially when it comes to parts like the ball-joints that aren't something I can easily replace myself. I want those to last forever..lol.

OP
OP

03Raminator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forums. I can't help you on the parts question, but I can tell you that the fuel savings going to unlocking front hubs isn't worth the cost of converting them. Good luck with your project.
Hey, thanks for the welcome. I am a veteran myself, but only 9.5 years in the Airforce so, basically, I am an expert at playing cards and drinking coffee. I appreciate your input regarding the hubs which makes it 2 against and no one really saying they can see the benefit outweighing the cost. If I had money to burn, I'd get them. All the best to you, sir!