Looking to upgrade exhaust for sound, not performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bheezy27403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon folks. During my unemployment I have done all the work I can do on the bikes and have turned to my truck. '08 Big Horn 5.7. I just replaced the grill and headlights to de-chrome the front. Now I want a little more sound. Not looking to spend a ton (again, not working). I'm not sure I need duals, and I'm not looking for performance (don't want to mess around with intake and tuning) just turn up the volume a little. I've read of the drone that comes with the MDS and would like to avoid that if at all possible (again, I'm not tuning so it will remain on). So,what say you guys? Cat back system? Just a muffler? Single pipe or duals? I know this subject has been discussed ad nauseam but want a current answer. Any input is appreciated.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Flowmaster 40 is what I see alot of people do on those, just replace OEM muffler.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Carven and love it, easy bolt on and sounds awesome.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
BAMF has a 2015, he may have no seen yours was a 2008.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's just the muffler?

Thanks guys.
Sorry Grey goose is right I didn't realize it was a '08. Carven didn't do the bolt on til '09. They have a weld on but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bheezy27403

Bheezy27403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I noticed that when I looked them up, '09 and onward. Thanks anyway.

Looks like I'll just throw an aftermarket (I'm leaning Magnaflow) muffler on it and see where I'm at.