Looking To Upgrade To A '18 Or Newer 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hello,

SORRY, I see that I have a typo in my subject. I mean '19 or newer, not '18 or newer... :(

I have a '12 RAM 3500 dually now and I pull a Keystone Raptor 43' that grosses out at around 18K#.

I installed a B&W Rollover Gooseneck Ball hitch in my '12. Then I purchased the B&W Companion 20k# fifth wheel hitch. The reason I did the gooseneck first is that I wanted a perfectly smooth bed floor. With the other fifth wheel hitches you have to have the bed rails and they stick up off the floor about 1.5". I really like the convenience of the B&W companion hitch.

My question is this, if I purchase a '19 or newer RAM 3500 with the factory fifth wheel package, does the center gooseneck ball mount come with that? Or do you only get the four outside pucks and then I would have to buy a new fifth wheel hitch and they're not really cheap for a good one like the B&W hitches. I know that hitches are a personal choice and there are many brands, I just REALLY like the B&W hitches.

So what does the factory fifth wheel hitch package consist of?

Thanks in advance!

Have a great week... :)

Dan

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
If you get the puck system and all that it should have the gooseneck prep as well, everyone I've seen factory ordered has 5th/gooseneck prep.

hognuts1960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I6
Hello,

SORRY, I see that I have a typo in my subject. I mean '19 or newer, not '18 or newer... :(

I have a '12 RAM 3500 dually now and I pull a Keystone Raptor 43' that grosses out at around 18K#.

I installed a B&W Rollover Gooseneck Ball hitch in my '12. Then I purchased the B&W Companion 20k# fifth wheel hitch. The reason I did the gooseneck first is that I wanted a perfectly smooth bed floor. With the other fifth wheel hitches you have to have the bed rails and they stick up off the floor about 1.5". I really like the convenience of the B&W companion hitch.

My question is this, if I purchase a '19 or newer RAM 3500 with the factory fifth wheel package, does the center gooseneck ball mount come with that? Or do you only get the four outside pucks and then I would have to buy a new fifth wheel hitch and they're not really cheap for a good one like the B&W hitches. I know that hitches are a personal choice and there are many brands, I just REALLY like the B&W hitches.

So what does the factory fifth wheel hitch package consist of?

Thanks in advance!

Have a great week... :)

Dan
The gooseneck ball has to be purchased separately.