Lost Navigation as a Widget? Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2023 Limited about 3 months old. I’ve had my media screen set up to show 3 views - radio, comfort and Navigation. My u-connect trial period expired a little before Christmas. I found yesterday the Navigation portion of the screen was blank. Clicking on Navigation brings the the full Navigation screen up just fine.

I’ve tried everything to restore the Navigation widget, reduced Nav screen unsuccessfully. When I open the screen of widgets, Navigation is there, but the name is not highlighted so clicking on it does nothing.

I kind of like having the quarter screen Navigation running as I occasionally glance at it when looking for a side street. Any ideas or is this just a delayed side-effect of not renewing u-connect?

Thanks

IMG_1873.jpegIMG_1872.jpeg

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ran into this on my 22. Turns out you can only have the Nav widget on one screen. So if you have it assigned on another screen, you'd have to delete there first to have it be an option for a different screen.

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That could be my issue - I think a few weeks ago I was playing with the instrument panel settings and clicked on the navigation screen to activate it. However it was a week or two before the nav widget on the media screen disappeared. I deactivated nav on the instruments screen yesterday but that did not free up the nav widget so I could select it. Maybe it takes some time to activate? There’s one other place I need to check - the HUD display. If that doesnt fix it I guess I’ll have to drop by the dealer and hope they have a whiz bang computer kid who has this thing all figured out.:)

thanks

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Navigation seems to be back today. It seems some changes take a day or two to become effective(?).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat