NEW uConnect Update Available! (v13.48.3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigHorn453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
12/13/2013: New Update Available! (Should allow for communication with APPS via mobile).
There is also an update to the uConnect Access APP for your smartphone.

THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO UPDATE:
- The EXTRACTED Update File (swdl.iso).
- A BLANK USB Thumb Drive (now recommended to be at least 4GB).
(Make sure there are NO files on the USB Drive.)

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD THE UCONNECT UPDATE
Official uConnect Update Site (via VIN Number):
https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do
(If the above site is used, make sure to run the self-extracting .exe which is downloaded, and put ONLY the extracted .iso file onto the USB drive!)

RA3 - v13.48.3 - 8.4A (WITHOUT NAV) [DIRECT LINK]:
https://mega.co.nz/#!f8InhSpQ!BE-A7gbU1dLh5vzay3b-kUCjOIwzm_77jVcTXL-eKmE

RA4 - v13.48.3 - 8.4AN (WITH NAV) [DIRECT LINK]:
https://mega.co.nz/#!C0wSwYAR!VU6xVhyMddpFQs3FDFcksXfAoUlpp28vYzM4sSvr0xc

RJ3 - v13.43.7 - 8.4A (INTERNATIONAL VERSION WITHOUT NAV) [DIRECT LINK]:
https://mega.co.nz/#!20IykCKQ!d2MWhGS3h9OKw_JdRIwDAF_Uggl3oxyfv1TM3Acfs2c

(PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THE DIRECT LINKS!)

STEP 2: TRANSFER UPDATE FILE TO USB DRIVE
Transfer the Software Update File (swdl.iso) to the BLANK USB Drive.

STEP 3: BEGIN UPDATE INSTALLATION
View the instructions for detailed installation process.
LINK: https://mega.co.nz/#!2oAQAYTY!aAQbfF8_zDrcz9gKRTWhTEKkMu1iRaafilZ0hF47Zj8
(If you've updated to any previous versions, it is the same process.)

Follow the on screen prompts to install the update.

The update should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES & FAQ:
- Make sure if you download the update file from a link other than the official uConnect site, that you download the proper file for your radio (RA3 file for RA3 radio, RA4 file for RA4 radio etc.).

- If your radio has been swapped out due to a problematic unit, I highly advise that you attempt the update while your service department is open. If they improperly swapped a radio from another stock vehicle, the VIN may not match and it will ask for an unlock code.

- There is a self-check during the beginning of the installation that will alert you if you're using the wrong region/version.

- If your radio reboots itself at all during installation, this is fine. It should continue the installation process without issue.

- You may notice some settings missing at first, but they will come back shortly (usually within a few minutes).

- Give the radio up to 24 hours to allow it to communicate with other modules and restore everything to how it was.

- If the update fails or seems to hang for longer than 20 minutes on one single module during installation, you can restart the installation. (note: your radio will be inoperative until the installation has been restarted).

Change LOG:

· **Enables Via Mobile software features when released to consumers**.
· **Able to adjust audio balance / fade settings during a VR session**.
· **Correct, condition where user could not exit screen off mode**.
· **Mute button status was not being displayed correctly**.
· **Presets where not shown correctly or were deleted**.
· **Enhancements to POI**.
· **ParkSense tone continuously on**.
· **Enhancement to navigation routing**.
· **Radio display may shows “Please insert USB Stick”.
· **Enhancement made when video is display in radio when using PAL format video disks**.
· **Corrected the temperature slider bar not updating on Manual Temperature Control vehicles**.
· ** Navigation may not start or may lose position**.
· **Rear camera may show a black screen for 3 seconds upon going to reverse**.
· **Enhancements for iPod or iPhone devices that may not start playing after connecting**.
· **iPod would not resume playing after a VR session or phone call**.
· **Removed the cell signal indicators in the SRT and Apps button on non-US vehicles**.
· Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
· Compass indicator turns off.
· Touch screen shut down message.
· Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
· Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure.
· Loss of radio presets.
· Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
· Uconnect apps don't load.
· AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
· Backup camera display is blank.
· Compass direction may be incorrect.
· Vehicle's Icon changes on the navigation map.
· Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
· “Vehicle Phone Requires Service” message appears on 8.4” screen.
· Nav turn-by-turn enhancements.
· Nav map guidance enhancements.
· Nav text overlaps in detour menu.
· Nav map, vehicle location enhancements in areas with low GPS signals.
· Navigation shows vehicle in San Antonio, TX.

08-049-13 REV. G -2- (Specific to this version only)

· Screen only displays startup Logo.
· Screen Half Black Half White after update.
· Radio locked up after attempting to update with a corrupted or incorrect USB update stick.
· Phone/Navigation Overlay Screen Freeze (WK only).
· Heated seat controls through radio do not function/display correctly during startup.
· Speed controlled volume not functioning correctly.
· Steering Wheel Control operation corrected at startup.
· Tuner mutes on startup.
· HD now defaults to 'OFF' for reduced complaints about 'channel switching' .
· “LO” temps displayed upon each vehicle start.
· HMI Lock up in SXM mode after ignition cycle.
· Voice Recognition (VR) enhancements.
· Point of interest screen locks up.
· Error message when plugging in iPod.
· Balance/fade setting changes after ignition cycle.
· Clock enhancements.
· Phone book enhancements.
· Rear climate control display frozen.
· Translation enhancements.
· Erratic pop ups in HMI.
· Added Teleprompter.
· Blue tooth, phone, iPod, auto streaming, connecting/disconnecting enhancements.
· Phone quality and pairing enhancements.
· Audio control locked after using VR feature.
· Travel link enhancements.

I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS THAT COULD POSSIBLY OCCUR. THIS INFORMATION AND UPDATE FILES PROVIDED ARE STRAIGHT FROM UCONNECT.

B Red Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks BigHorn453....downloading now

:worship:

edited to add: a 2 GB jump drive worked for me...

Last edited:

loopless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats cool about this update is the new "VIA MOBILE" apps like Pandora. This means you can use your phone's data plan to , say, stream Pandora not the vehicles 3G.

And now remote start/lock/unlock works over the internet. It's great to able to start the car from my mobile phone on these cold mornings.

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I did the update yesterday and I tried out the Via Mobile apps tonight on my way home. Pandora worked seamlessly, iHeartRadio worked pretty good but I encountered a lot of buffering. Aha & Slacker both attempted to load for 10 minutes before I X'ed them out because they were taking too long. I'll try them both again tomorrow.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
So when using pandora, will it use the truck or cell phone data plan?

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
So when using pandora, will it use the truck or cell phone data plan?

It uses your cellphone's data plan. I have a 3GB data plan and I listen to Pandora about 2 hours a day to/from work, and I have yet to reach my 3GB limit. I'm always connected to WiFi when I'm home or at work.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
gotcha 2 hours per day and you're still under 3gig. That works for me as my drive is only 20 min each way, and I have a 4gig plan. I should be safe.

It uses your cellphone's data plan. I have a 3GB data plan and I listen to Pandora about 2 hours a day to/from work, and I have yet to reach my 3GB limit. I'm always connected to WiFi when I'm home or at work.

Gsquared

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
does this work with the 2012 express model, with uconnect? I have this in my truck but not sure it will do anything more that my voice commands or take calls?

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
does this work with the 2012 express model, with uconnect? I have this in my truck but not sure it will do anything more that my voice commands or take calls?

It depends on which Uconnect system you have. I believe the 8.4a & 8.4an came out in the 2013's. You should at the very least be able to stream Bluetooth audio.

If you're not sure which system you have, you can find it here...

Chrysler Uconnect

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This should be stickied :)

They could, but they are updated all the time. i'd be willing to bet in the 5mo i have had my truck and been on this forum there have been 3-5 updates.

it would be better to have one thread dedicated to the updates that can give a how to (step by step on the download and install of the software), then when a new version is released just that gets announced.

Cliff p

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They could, but they are updated all the time. i'd be willing to bet in the 5mo i have had my truck and been on this forum there have been 3-5 updates.

it would be better to have one thread dedicated to the updates that can give a how to (step by step on the download and install of the software), then when a new version is released just that gets announced.

Exactly what I'm thinking. There should be a uConnect sticky, with all applicable updates and instructions for performing the update. The OP or whoever can simply update the thread by adding to it as time goes on for the new updates.

dmclone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the update, went to the uconnect store, and I see "via mobile" but it says "trial included" but nowhere does it allow me to download. I've set up Pandora on the Uconnect web site. What am I missing?

bitNine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I did the update, went to the uconnect store, and I see "via mobile" but it says "trial included" but nowhere does it allow me to download. I've set up Pandora on the Uconnect web site. What am I missing?

I don't know why, but it look like an hour for mine to download the apps. The first 3 came in within a half hour or so, then iHeartRadio took another half hour. That was over two separate trips throughout the day. The apps themselves are not in the store, which is so ridiculously stupid. I thought that was the point of the uconnect store. As a software engineer, I'd kick some Chrysler developers in the nuts if I could. The whole system is a clusterf***.

milspecmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I downloaded the update. When I go to use slacker it tells me it is logging in and then it says I have no uconnect subscription. (I have my trial subscription and use it every day).

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I downloaded the update. When I go to use slacker it tells me it is logging in and then it says I have no uconnect subscription. (I have my trial subscription and use it every day).

Did you log into Mopar Owner Connect and setup your Via Mobile Profile?

Here's the link on how to use Via Mobile...

Uconnect® Access | The next generation of connectivity has arrived

Here's a link to Mopar Owner Connect...

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/US/en-us/sub/Pages/OwnersLogin.aspx

Log into Mopar Owner Connect, scroll down to "Uconnect Quick Links" and select "Set Up Via Mobile Profile". Click on each of the apps and enter you usernames and passwords, click save and log out.

Make sure you have the most recent version of the Uconnect app downloaded onto your smartphone too. You also have to be logged into the Uconnect app on your smartphone in order for the apps in your vehicle to work. You do not however need to launch the Uconnect app on your phone (there's a "vehicle in motion lockout" anyway) in order for the Via Mobile apps to work in your vehicle.

***EDIT***

Apparently YOU DO need to launch the Uconnect Access app on your smartphone in order for the Uconnect apps in your vehicle to work. This doesn't make sense to me because there's a speed lockout, but nonetheless you need to launch the app. By launching the Uconnect Access app on your smartphone, it creates a link between your phone and your vehicle. Once you open the Uconnect Access app on your phone you'll notice there's a Via Mobile "status light". That light is RED if a link hasn't been established, it then turns GREEN once it's been linked to your vehicle, and lastly it turns BLUE when it's providing data to the vehicle.

Last edited:

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why does this update come from New Zeland??

Just curious why the URL for these updates does not contain something in the US, and maybe from Chrysler?

I am picking up a new 2014 RAM 1500 this afternoon.
It had a keyless-go problem before I gave them the check.
I asked the dealer to confirm if the Uconnect had the latest software.
As usual, the service writer said that the Tech stated there were no updates available for this vehicle.
I am interested to see what the version number will be for the software on the truck (if it really contains the version that this thread talks about).

Dan

Cliff p

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just curious why the URL for these updates does not contain something in the US, and maybe from Chrysler?

I am picking up a new 2014 RAM 1500 this afternoon.
It had a keyless-go problem before I gave them the check.
I asked the dealer to confirm if the Uconnect had the latest software.
As usual, the service writer said that the Tech stated there were no updates available for this vehicle.
I am interested to see what the version number will be for the software on the truck (if it really contains the version that this thread talks about).

Dan

The non US servers are just megaupload sites that he uploaded the files to, so those of us that would rather bypass chrysler could.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Just a heads up, but those of us with the new Samsung Galaxy S4, we won't be able to access the Via Mobile apps right now. I've been told they're working on it.

OP
OP
B

BigHorn453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Exactly what I'm thinking. There should be a uConnect sticky, with all applicable updates and instructions for performing the update. The OP or whoever can simply update the thread by adding to it as time goes on for the new updates.

Its better to have a new thread for each update since there seems to be different "problems" or outcomes with each update they put out to us.

Having a thread that is version specific allows anyone to go through the posts and *hopefully* find the answer to their question about the version that they are using.