Love my 4x4 :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
A lot more predictable. I totally agree some people forget on ice you can’t stop well. With out trucks though on ice in 4wd and with tow/haul on the engine will help brake for you. And then you can downshift instead of braking and it really works well. I also have about 240 lbs of sand bags and then another 60 lbs in tools and gear in the bed and that makes the truck really do well on snow and ice as far as traction anyway.

Driving on ice is very normal here and if you can’t or won’t do it you won’t be able to work! I suggest to anyone not used to it or even at the beginning of the season go into a parking lot and practice what happens when braking or turning on ice. The more comfortable you can get with it the better you will be in a real situation.

Funny thing in South Dakota they ran a campaign something like “don’t jerk and drive” where they basically said if you freak out and jerk the wheel you will roll over. Look it up it is pretty funny.
Like you we have snow and ice! When I started to drive I took my car and practiced spin out in a unused parking lot! That really helped when I did a unplanned spin out lol All in all Common sense is the key and TOO many people lack that :O