Lowered and towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Der2z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram express
Engine
Hey guys, I am going to lower my 13 express crew cab in the next month or so and have been doing a lot of reading on what kit to buy. I think I am going with the beltech 2 4 drop with the street performance shocks on the rear and stock shocks up front and adjustable track bar. Then getting the helwig rear sway bar and upgrading to the moog front sway bar links. I have the air lift 1000 bags now but I will be purchasing the set for the Durango as I pull a 20ft enclosed trailer.

The truck pulls my enclosed great right now and I'm wanting to get others input on pulling with a lowered truck. The last thing I'd want to do is lower my truck and then have it pull horribly. I am running a set of 22 inch SRT replicas with Falken 285-45-22 tires. FYI.

Second question. I know this question has been asked a million times, but I’m worried about what the ride will be like. Can someone give some opinions on what the ride will be like with the setup I am planning on running?

Thanks in advance!!

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Don't do the street performance shocks, they are too soft for the QC and CC and you will have a worse ride with them even compared to the stock shocks. I had the SP shocks in mine and after switching to a set of QA1s it's a night and day difference in ride quality. There's nothing special about towing with a lowered truck, you've got the bases covered with the AirLift 1000 air bags so you're in good shape with that, just pay attention to the air pressure in the tires and make sure you don't over pressure them since they're lower profile and don't have as much give in them.

I can't comment on ride quality because I've built mine to be a performance suspension = rough ride but handles amazing.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
I'm not sure how it will compare to what you're doing,but I went with the mcgaughys 2/4 specifically so I coukdmaintain stock springs and geometry. I round the air ride too and it rides exactly the same with the drop as it did stock.