Map lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can't believe the bulbs are not replaceable! Why would they want to change out the whole assembly.:crazy:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I can't believe the bulbs are not replaceable! Why would they want to change out the whole assembly.:crazy:

They are not incandescent bulbs but LED's. "In theory", LED's should last the life of the truck and never need replacing. If I was to speculate, I would bet there is a cold solder issue with these assemblies.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha...this thread is funny. I just had my overhead console replaced last week on my 14 Sport for the driver's side led map light flickering and going dim on occasions.

Chrysler must had bought the absolutely ****iest leds they could find in China. I had my tow mirror turn signals replaced twice on my passenger's mirror. I had my puddle led lights replaced on both mirrors and now (like I just said above) I had my overhead console leds replaced. Just ****y....****y leds. Did I mention that the truck is a 2014?!

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The factory interior LEDs in these new trucks are my absolute least favorite thing about them. They don't even look like LEDs when lit, they are yellow like incandescent bulbs. Furthermore, they can't even be replaced with good LEDs since they decided to use some stupid led soldered into a circuit board as opposed to using the traditional socket setup they have always had and simply replacing the incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs. They missed the mark by a mile on these.

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Agreed, someone said that the console is around $150 out of warranty. Don't like looking forward to that price due to a map light....

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anybody have pics of their overhead console in a crew cab that DOES NOT have factory LEDs? Preferably with the power sliding window and homelink option. I'm wondering if I could convert to the non LED console. Would be worth the money to me just to be able to change the factory incandescent to some decent aftermarket LEDs

mike456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
i have the same problem straight from the factory, passenger side bulb is useless its so dim, i just dont want to go back to the dealer for anything