is my SLT prewired for map lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i need to replace the passenger side sun visor on my 2017 SLT because the trim around the mirror is cracked
im sure the wife would love to have the map light or vanity light, but mine did not come with that...should i expect the wires to be there?

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would say the wires "should" be there,but you'll have to drop the front of the headliner to find them

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
i need to replace the passenger side sun visor on my 2017 SLT because the trim around the mirror is cracked
im sure the wife would love to have the map light or vanity light, but mine did not come with that...should i expect the wires to be there?
This may be helpful...

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I installed the OEM overhead console, just lights, in my 2018 2500 Tradesman. Fairly straightforward, but you will need a wiring harness and Mike at M²Mods can supply it and the technical help to get it all wired up. I actually had to run a wire across my truck to get the lights working properly. More than likely the install will not be just a plug in activity but isn't difficult. Other than not having the anticipated door-switched wire where it should have been, it took me about 45 minutes to do it all. Good luck.

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the OEM overhead console, just lights, in my 2018 2500 Tradesman. Fairly straightforward, but you will need a wiring harness and Mike at M²Mods can supply it and the technical help to get it all wired up. I actually had to run a wire across my truck to get the lights working properly. More than likely the install will not be just a plug in activity but isn't difficult. Other than not having the anticipated door-switched wire where it should have been, it took me about 45 minutes to do it all. Good luck.
Thanks

No kidding on the wiring

I added a push button dome light to the back of the truck, was a royal pain to hook up
(The point was to have the kids in the back seat be able to turn the light on or off on thier own)

First time I hooked it up (pulling a keyed hot from the front) something funny happened

If the switch was off, the light worked as expected, but when the dome light was off, and the kids pressed the switch BOTH dome light would come up

Great fun

It turned out the factory hot was acting as a ground when I turned my self ran hot on

Nothing a little one way resistor couldn't stop

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I can't attest to other trucks but my SLT was a plug and play the wires were there and I have had no problems with it I did it when I changed my headliner to black

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't attest to other trucks but my SLT was a plug and play the wires were there and I have had no problems with it I did it when I changed my headliner to black
Thanks, great to hear

Do you remember where the plug in *** hiding?