MAX CARE EXTENDED WARRANTY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I found this guy on the forum a few years ago, and got what I thought was a great deal.
Maybe he's still there...

Jason Edmonson
Mopar Service Contracts
CR Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Official Dealer
Warranty Office
2000 Curtis Road
Adrian, MI 49221
(517)662-0400 - Direct Line

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
You got took.
You long range guy can never see whats going on, right in front of your noses

he he he

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
informative thread. I’ve got a 2020 RAM 1500 with 47K miles on her. Works great but been thinking of an extended warranty. Where should I look or what advice would you all give for an extended warranty for my 2020 RAM? THANKS GUYS…….
There are several places, so price a few. Ziegler is a popular one. But make sure you check with Granger Auto near Des Moines, IA before pulling the trigger. They are doing a $50 over cost deal on the Max Care Mopar warranty. They beat everyone else by several hundred dollars on my '22.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got my lifetime warranty through warranty direct. Best price at the time.

RamRigger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Maximum Care warranty covers a whole lot, but not everything, which is normal. Though what sticks in my craw is the following: Only $100 for towing? That's not even close to enough:

Maximum Care provides 24 hour "Sign-And-Go" towing and roadside assistance (up to $100 per occurrence). Benefits include towing, flat tire change (with your good spare), battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery (maximum 2 gallons), lock out service (i.e. keys locked in car or frozen lock). Towing assistance will only be dispatched for mechanical disablement which renders the vehicle inoperative. The plan will cover towing and roadside assistance in instances where it is not covered by the factory warranty.

Who decides if the vehicle is disabled if it only overheats by driving it 10 miles at a time? Who wants to drive it at all in that condition?

Has anyone e had this happen? Just cherry picking a single coverage question

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maximum Care warranty covers a whole lot, but not everything, which is normal. Though what sticks in my craw is the following: Only $100 for towing? That's not even close to enough:

Maximum Care provides 24 hour "Sign-And-Go" towing and roadside assistance (up to $100 per occurrence). Benefits include towing, flat tire change (with your good spare), battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery (maximum 2 gallons), lock out service (i.e. keys locked in car or frozen lock). Towing assistance will only be dispatched for mechanical disablement which renders the vehicle inoperative. The plan will cover towing and roadside assistance in instances where it is not covered by the factory warranty.

Who decides if the vehicle is disabled if it only overheats by driving it 10 miles at a time? Who wants to drive it at all in that condition?

My Max Care Warranty is for unforseen repairs, my AAA Membership covers every vehicle I drive, for flats, towing, out of fuel, lockouts...

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Agree on AAA, we have had premier plus RV, and it has paid off in the past. Covers dual rear wheel repair, trip interruption help, 2nd tow truck for 2 hours if needed, towing per distance instead of dollar amount, plus discounts all over the place.

I understand the peace of mind with extended warranty, don't actually buy them myself. But for others I have helped research and found 3rd party give advantages that might make a difference. Things like not being tied to a Ram dealer, especially when traveling, have been invaluable for instances when an all night truck stop helped my parents or no dealer nearby for a cousin on a trip. So it might be helpful to consider 3rd party if one travels.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Your truck insurance policy may cover most towing expenses. Our policies do.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
MaxCare can be used at a repair shop too. The shop has to contact Mopar to confirm coverage before they affect the repair (just as a 3rd party ESP has to be contacted prior to work at any facility).

I may have paid a bit more than a 3rd party but it's very easy and there's no hassle. I take my truck in, they tell me if it's covered, they fix it, I pay my deductible, then I drive my truck home. It's been in twice under the ESP and it was simple. No paperwork, no phone calls, etc. I dropped the truck off at the dealership then picked it up when the work was done. After two ESP visits I have already gotten more than my money's worth out of what I paid for it.

It's also nice to know that the ESP company won't go out of business. Plus if I sell the truck before the ESP is done I can get a prorated refund for the portion I didn't use.

Last edited:

sailfishcc13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Shop right here on the Forum... there's a guy here that sells them at a Wicked Low price, and they are Mopar Warranties.. I have one on my 2019 Bighorn 2500 from him.
i looked and unable to find whom you were referring to.......do you have a contact that you can provide?

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i looked and unable to find whom you were referring to.......do you have a contact that you can provide?
Jason Edmonson
Mopar Service Contracts
Warranty Office
2000 Curtis Road
Adrian, MI 49221

That was accurate in 2020 when I dealt with him. 8 year, 60K miles, MAXCARE 1295.00

sailfishcc13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Jason Edmonson
Mopar Service Contracts
Warranty Office
2000 Curtis Road
Adrian, MI 49221

That was accurate in 2020 when I dealt with him. 8 year, 60K miles, MAXCARE 1295.00
THANK YOU! I am sure the prices have gone up since then.

2019Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
Jason Edmonson
Mopar Service Contracts
Warranty Office
2000 Curtis Road
Adrian, MI 49221

have you had to use your service plan from them yet? If so, was it a good experience? I got a quote from them and it's very competitive.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
have you had to use your service plan from them yet? If so, was it a good experience? I got a quote from them and it's very competitive.
I have not needed it yet. I only have 21k on the truck, but I believe it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it . Keep in mind, it's a MOPAR warranty extension. The dealers treat it just like warranty repairs. Some years ago I had an extended warranty on a Chrysler mini van, and overheated the engine warping the heads at 100k. New heads and related work cost me a 100 dollar deductible. I really don't see a down side...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyadeta