Memory Seat Addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've gone through older posts from this site and others and most seem to be a dead end. Just curious if anyone has found any way to add memory seats into a non-laramie trim truck. I have a 2500 Big Horn with heated seats and am about to upgrade to Laramie front seats that also have the memory option. Is it impossible to get the memory settings working? Thanks in advance.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take a picture of the wiring harness, there is a guy with an SLT it just worked out of the box. There is a way to get them running if you dont have the proper harness with the drivers door module. You need to be ready to run a few wires or buy a harness built by an in house vendor here.

Take a shot of the 2 harnesses under the driver seat, you might have a fully populated harness that might get lucky.

OP
OP
J

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Take a picture of the wiring harness, there is a guy with an SLT it just worked out of the box. There is a way to get them running if you dont have the proper harness with the drivers door module. You need to be ready to run a few wires or buy a harness built by an in house vendor here.

Take a shot of the 2 harnesses under the driver seat, you might have a fully populated harness that might get lucky.

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a picture in daylight. I have no problem running wires or grabbing/wiring modules as long as it works. Do you happen to have the post of the person with the SLT? Didn't see it in my search.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I feel ya there, hate those buttons are dead on my Bighorn, but no way Im tacking that either.

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Used the A E Tool and enabled the following:

set memory seat present

memory buttons DID NOT work, until I also enabled:

set memory mirrors present (the mirrors DO NOT move with memory recall, but at least the seat does)

The following is a list which I have successfully activated with the A E Tool:

Door Handle/Map Pocket LED Lights ECU Config05-D Verified Working set to enable Door Handle and Map Pocket LED lighting

Memory Mirrors ECU Config05-D/ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to enable Memory Mirrors to be set with memory button 1 or 2 on recall

Memory Seat ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to enable Memory Seat Buttons - only worked after also enabling Memory Mirrors

Heated/Ventilated Seats and Wheel ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to enable Heated/Ventilated front Seats, Rear Heated Seats and Heated Steering Wheel

Heated Wheel Material Type ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to material type of Heated Steering Wheel - Leather/Wood

Easy Exit Seat Customer Setting Vehicle Config CSM1 Verified Working set to enable "Easy Exit Seat" setting in Uconnect Settings Menu

Auto On Driver Comfort Customer Setting Vehicle Config CSM1 Verified Working set to enable "Driver Comfort Setting" in Uconnect Menu - set with 3 Options

Read the original post to see if your BigHorn has the same factory options and wires in the connectors as the pictures.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/2016-atc-and-heat-cool-seats-wheel-problem.116456/

If you do, activate with the A E Tool, be sure to connect as per instructions...
only change one setting at a time, remove A E Tool and verify, then reconnect for next change, be careful...

OP
OP
J

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Reviving this as I just found a full set of Laramie seats that match my truck. From what I can tell the harnesses match.
Used the A E Tool and enabled the following:

set memory seat present

memory buttons DID NOT work, until I also enabled:

set memory mirrors present (the mirrors DO NOT move with memory recall, but at least the seat does)

The following is a list which I have successfully activated with the A E Tool:

Door Handle/Map Pocket LED Lights ECU Config05-D Verified Working set to enable Door Handle and Map Pocket LED lighting

Memory Mirrors ECU Config05-D/ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to enable Memory Mirrors to be set with memory button 1 or 2 on recall

Memory Seat ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to enable Memory Seat Buttons - only worked after also enabling Memory Mirrors

Heated/Ventilated Seats and Wheel ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to enable Heated/Ventilated front Seats, Rear Heated Seats and Heated Steering Wheel

Heated Wheel Material Type ECU Config05-M Verified Working set to material type of Heated Steering Wheel - Leather/Wood

Easy Exit Seat Customer Setting Vehicle Config CSM1 Verified Working set to enable "Easy Exit Seat" setting in Uconnect Settings Menu

Auto On Driver Comfort Customer Setting Vehicle Config CSM1 Verified Working set to enable "Driver Comfort Setting" in Uconnect Menu - set with 3 Options

Read the original post to see if your BigHorn has the same factory options and wires in the connectors as the pictures.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/2016-atc-and-heat-cool-seats-wheel-problem.116456/

If you do, activate with the A E Tool, be sure to connect as per instructions...
only change one setting at a time, remove A E Tool and verify, then reconnect for next change, be careful...

Finally getting around to this job as I finally found a clean set of seats for my truck. I have a full laramie (front and back) set on the way and I believe the wiring harnesses are the same as your original guide. Forgive me if I missed it but can you link the exact AE tool you were using? I haven't gone all the way back through your original post but if it's in there I'll find it. Great write-up and work, I plan on hunting for some door panels down the road as well. Thanks!

20180307_090127.jpg

20180307_090136.jpg

Letsndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would you guys be able to tell me if my wiring is correct to do this? Need this lol!!

2018 ram rebel
C0034710-3175-4076-9418-72CC8C5FBFD9.jpeg