Military Roll Call!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11B-33T

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
33t is an EW job correct? Did you go to school in Pensacola Florida?
Yep, 33T was an IEW job in the Army but some four-star in HQDA needed a bullet for his OER and changed all the series numbers in that career field to some weird-*** numbers about a decade ago. I think of wheel or generator mechanics when I hear the new one LOL. The school for it used to be in MA before it got moved to AZ.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, 33T was an IEW job in the Army but some four-star in HQDA needed a bullet for his OER and changed all the series numbers in that career field to some weird-*** numbers about a decade ago. I think of wheel or generator mechanics when I hear the new one LOL. The school for it used to be in MA before it got moved to AZ.
Oh, okay. Navy has most intelligence ratings in Pensacola, FL which includes new information warfare ratings, Cryptologic technician ratings and Electronic Warfare ratings and maybe new Information technology rating which spun off of CT ratings. When I stopped back there for a technical school in between duty stations I used to stand watch duty in the EW buildings as they had lower security clearances then my CTR rating. Not sure about EW training for the Army, but the Navy hosted training for all branches in the CT ratings and even hosted foreign military training in certain fields as well.

JKLines

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Limited
Engine
Cummins HO
USAF Retired (1970-1990). First 8 years enlisted cryptographic systems repairman ... last 12 electronics engineering ... essentially traveling the world. First 2 Wideband special maintenance team running around the 18 remote communications sites in Turkey in 6-pac Dodge pickups responding to things local maintenance couldn't fix or just to peak up their performance. Next 4 out of Scott AFB, IL doing Air Traffic Control radar evaluations traveling the world evaluating systems and sometimes local procedures to ensure aircraft could land and take off safely and not run into one another in flight :). During that, reviewed design of C17 aircraft navigation systems. Original design made use of a small very expensive data cartridge that was also used on many fighter aircraft with fairly limited storage capacity. Made recommendation to replace with less expensive ruggedized laptop with info preloaded to allow navigators to reroute in-flight if necessary. Invited to a few high level meetings to share my vision of how it would work. I'm sure some high ranking civil service employee made a lot of money on that idea, but I never heard anything after sharing it with them ... although I did hear later that is what they did. Then I worked with computers for awhile then finished my officer time traveling the world evaluating electronic systems being purchased by the Air Force (1st article acceptance testing and interim reviews with vendors on their progress). I feel I had a very fulfilling and fun career ... but all of that travel was hard on the family. Luckily, I have a great wife.
I do want to give a special shout out to those that have served under fire. I'm always a little reluctant to stand during those occasions when military service is being recognized. Yes, we are all subject to those circumstances when we enlist and continue to serve ... I just feel those that served in circumstances where they were being shot at deserves special recognition to not only have survived ... but have had to deal survive the mental issues that may continue to haunt them. My prayers for all of you.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Marine, one each.

1st, 2nd and 4th Marine Divisions. FMF most of the time.

I could start naming Regiments, but then we get into the nuance of assigned, attached or detached, not to mention TAD (TDY for some of you).

Spent a lot of time living with and supporting US Army and NSW.

Airborne.

Semper Fidelis.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel

rule18

Admin