Minor trouble converting stock LED tail lights to a flatbed with LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cartersboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So, I sold the 2017 Laramie 2500 bed, and kept the original tail light wiring harness. We've installed a used aluminum flatbed with LED lighting and I have all lights working. Activating either turn signal gives the fast-flash on the dashboard, and whichever side is turned on, the driver's message center says the other side's turn indicator bulb is out. Per prior posts I understand there's an energized bulb check circuit. My question is, how to handle the sixth wire in the original 2017 factory LED tail light harness? The wires are: 1. purple for reverse light 2. green for turn/brake 3 yellow for running / parking light 4. black for reverse light ground 5. black for tail light ground 6. is a red wire that carries about 11 volts.
I'm guessing the red wire is what needs to go to an aftermarket resistor to send the right message back to the computer. Or can the red wires from both sides be wired another way? I saw the posted rambuilders diagram for the 2013 1500 with LEDs, but that only had five wires, compared to my six.
Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction! Thank you