Mirror tilt when in reverse.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought my 2014 RAM Laramie new and my brother just bought a used identical this past week.

I have it setup via uconnect settings that when I put it in reverse, the side view mirrors tilt down.
This is fine 99% of the time..

Sometimes I don't want it to tilt down when in reverse, and have to go through the menu to disable the feature.

Is there a quick temporary disable for that while in reverse?

I know with the newer Nissan's (Our Nissan SUV) when in reverse you just need to tap the mirror switch on the door and the mirror will tilt back up when in reverse.

I couldn't seem to find info on that in the manual or here, but figured I would ask.

Thank you

-Mario

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No clue, but subscribe out of curiosity

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ill see if I can remember to try the tapping of the switch when I leave work.

OP
OP
M

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ill see if I can remember to try the tapping of the switch when I leave work.

Didn't work for me, but it could be that it's not possible or only works when the moon is in line with Aquarius. :)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just went out and checked mine...tapping the switch made no difference.

OP
OP
M

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just went out and checked mine...tapping the switch made no difference.
Yeah, I was hoping a secret button. lol
It's too bad you can't do this.
Since everything in that vehicle is programmable, it wouldn't take much for Chrysler to implement such a feature.
However, I doubt they will.
They will implement it in 2019 as a solution! haha

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
I have a sport model. Do you know if my mirrors tilt in reverse. Would love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a sport model. Do you know if my mirrors tilt in reverse. Would love it!

In the manual I saw how to make them tilt via the 8.4AN screen and if you don't have that, through the buttons on the door.
If I see it again, I will post for you.
Whether or not your truck included that as an option is another thing.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
the truck must have memory seats to use the mirror tilt option. I have a sport an they don't have the memory seats. I was disappointed

Reactions: MMM
OP
OP
M

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the truck must have memory seats to use the mirror tilt option. I have a sport an they don't have the memory seats. I was disappointed

That makes sense, too bad.
One less things to go wrong though, right? lol

I think I'm out of luck on the override though.

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Lame! Ugh for me

Tom Bantle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my 2014 RAM Laramie new and my brother just bought a used identical this past week.

I have it setup via uconnect settings that when I put it in reverse, the side view mirrors tilt down.

Sometimes I don't want it to tilt down when in reverse, and have to go through the menu to disable the feature.

I know with the newer Nissan's (Our Nissan SUV) when in reverse you just need to tap the mirror switch on the door and the mirror will tilt back up when in reverse.

I couldn't seem to find info on that in the manual or here, but figured I would ask.

Thank you

-Mario

Tom Bantle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thank you

-Mario
If it's like the mirrors on a Lexus- you need the mirror selector in the middle position. Don't have either the left or right selected?

rickkimbrell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram Megacab Diesel
Engine
I found the tilt mirrors in reverse to be a pretty useless feature to be honest. I seems that most times I am backing up, I am better off with it turned off.
But, while on the subject of mirrors, I personally think the mirrors on Ram 2500s suck for the most part. It is great that they will fold in and out but what about a feature that allows them to fold up in trailer tow mode. And, when in trailer tow mode, they are about the ugliest mirrors on any heavy duty truck you will find. Can you tell I don't like the mirrors? Unless in trailer tow mode, the portion of the mirror where things "may be closer than they seem" is almost useless. If I wanted mirrors like you can get on a car, I would have bought a car.
I used to be a big fan of Ford SuperDuty trucks up until 2006 (long story). But, the mirrors on the SuperDuty are far superior to the mirrors on our Ram trucks.

Rubidad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to adjust settings by scrolling through options on the touch screen just plain sucks, especially if there is a setting that needs to be adjusted while in motion. I'll take dial and toggle switches over touch screen. However, the dials need within reach to be of any use. I find the dials under my 5.4 screen to be too far away to access easily while driving.

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI

Thank you

-Mario

On my 2016 I have settings that disable the mirror tilt. I hated the mirror tilt! I want to see behind me not the ground!!

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
I found the tilt mirrors in reverse to be a pretty useless feature to be honest. I seems that most times I am backing up, I am better off with it turned off.
But, while on the subject of mirrors, I personally think the mirrors on Ram 2500s suck for the most part. It is great that they will fold in and out but what about a feature that allows them to fold up in trailer tow mode. And, when in trailer tow mode, they are about the ugliest mirrors on any heavy duty truck you will find. Can you tell I don't like the mirrors? Unless in trailer tow mode, the portion of the mirror where things "may be closer than they seem" is almost useless. If I wanted mirrors like you can get on a car, I would have bought a car.
I used to be a big fan of Ford SuperDuty trucks up until 2006 (long story). But, the mirrors on the SuperDuty are far superior to the mirrors on our Ram trucks.

I'm not a big fan of the Ram mirrors either. You're right, they do look like car mirrors. That's something Ram should improve on!!

OP
OP
M

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's like the mirrors on a Lexus- you need the mirror selector in the middle position. Don't have either the left or right selected?

That was the first thing I tried since it's like that on my wife's Rogue.