Missing Lift Kit Parts - 4" Lift Kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So.. as I said in another post, I did a thing. I bought a "used" lift kit. It's all in good order. Basically, the seller bought a truck and parted it out. He took off the lift it and kept it all aside and he said the only thing that he doesn't have are the shocks.

image.png
image2.jpg

It was going for a really good price and so I jumped on it.
All the parts that I are in really good order; especially for used parts.
The seller can't really identify who is the manufacturer of the lift. From searching online, to me this looks like Superlift.
I look pictures of the serial numbers, if anyone is there that can help identify it.
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 6.27.53 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 6.27.51 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 6.27.53 PM.jpeg

So far, it seems I have everything, except for the brackets that will extend the front shocks 4" and the extended shocks for the rear.
if this is a Superlift like I suspect it is, then I'm missing these parts..
Front shock extenders
Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 23.50.57.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-02 at 23.51.18.png
Rear extended shocks.
Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 23.51.53.png

If there is anyone that can help me identify the lift and source these parts, I would be grateful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 23.51.39.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 23.51.39.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK.. I managed to sort out the spacers for the front shocks. Now I need to get the shocks for the rear.
I found these Superlift Shadow series shocks for the 4-6" lift on ebay..

How are these shocks? Has anyone used them.

Last edited:

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also those rear springs might be the 3" lift rear springs - The 2" rear springs that come with the 4" kit are progressive. Notice how the coils are bunched at the top.

IMG_8250.jpg

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@j-b Thanks for that. There is an update.

I assumed that this was a Superlift based upon this picture; which was on the Superlift website.
images_ePIM_original_SEIK119_w715_h500_q80.jpg
Also the seller told me that the truck he took the lift off had Bilstein shocks; from what I know, is mostly known to come to with the Superlift and Mopar lift kits.
However on another thread, someone pointed out that the knuckles I had didn't look like Superlift. This is actually a BDS lift. BDS confirmed that this is BDS lift.

I guess that what what you get when you spend 160 USD on a lift kit.

In any case, I still need the spacers and the rear shocks. Would the ones for the Superlift fit?

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@j-b Thanks for that. There is an update.

I assumed that this was a Superlift based upon this picture; which was on the Superlift website.
View attachment 488322
Also the seller told me that the truck he took the lift off had Bilstein shocks; from what I know, is mostly known to come to with the Superlift and Mopar lift kits.
However on another thread, someone pointed out that the knuckles I had didn't look like Superlift. This is actually a BDS lift. BDS confirmed that this is BDS lift.

I guess that what what you get when you spend 160 USD on a lift kit.

In any case, I still need the spacers and the rear shocks. Would the ones for the Superlift fit?
BDS is one of the best you can buy so you really lucked out!

Those bilsteins, and strut spacer will still work the same regardless of brand.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@j-b Thanks for the info.. Considering I'm currently on a tight budget, I'd spring for the Shadow series shocks and then maybe upgrade later on to something better. Maybe even Fox or Kings.
Now the only thing that makes me wonder if my stock rims will fit. Most of these kits require you to have 18" rims, which I think defeats the purpose especially when you're going off road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK.. it appears my stock 17" rims have a backspacing of 5". So I will need to use the spacer in order for them to fit. Anyone who runs spacers can give me an idea of whether they are good or bad?

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go with Bora. Best on the market if you have to do spacers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
OK.. it appears my stock 17" rims have a backspacing of 5". So I will need to use the spacer in order for them to fit. Anyone who runs spacers can give me an idea of whether they are good or bad?
I would never run spacer, I don't even have spacers on my back wheels to line them up with the front since the maxtrac extends the tracking on the front about 1 inch .... but some people don't mind spacers ...

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go with Bora. Best on the market if you have to do spacers.

Looking at your media, you run spacers?

Although the spacers are a good budget solution, I do have concerns about trimming my studs. Suppose later on I decide to get myself some rims to match the lift.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK.. so I splashed out on a set of Methods.

I looked for something that will fit the BDS lift kit. Can anyone tell me whether these would fit?

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-20 at 8.46.45 PM.jpeg

According to this link, it should fit.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So before I found out that I had a BDS lift kit, I ordered the rear Superlift shocks off ebay.
This was the picture in the listing..
84007.jpg
This is what I received.
Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 00.47.42.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-03 at 00.48.30.png
The color was different and there was no "Shadow" lettering on it.

It did come in a Superlift box though..

$_1.JPG$_1-2.JPG

In talking with the seller, he asked me to send pictures of what I received and he confirmed that these were the genuine Superlift items.
Is he right?

The truck is currently at the shop having the lift put in. I guess we will see if these shocks work or not.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update on the lift kit install.

My mechanic just told me that my upper and lower control arm bushes are completely shot.
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 12.11.46 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 12.11.47 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 12.11.47 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 12.11.47 PM.jpeg

He suggests that we change them right now; even if we weren't doing the lift.

I'm looking online and so far the most cost effective seem to be ones from Moog and Dorman .. Are these good brands?

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
OK.. so I splashed out on a set of Methods.

I looked for something that will fit the BDS lift kit. Can anyone tell me whether these would fit?

View attachment 489049

According to this link, it should fit.
BDS recommends a 4 1/2” back spacing those wheels are 4 3/4” back space you should be golden as BDS usually leaves a larger than 1/4” variable for fitment recommendations

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Considering my budget and the availability on the ebay or amazon. I went with these below.
order.JPG

I'm sort of bummed a bit as I was hoping to give the newly lifted truck a nice 4 day road trip to Oman and back and now I have to spend whatever I was saving for the trip on the suspension parts.
The good news is that once this is done, hopefully I would not have any issues with the bushes and stuff for a long, long time.