Moisture in Sport Projector Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickb1907

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a "fix" for this? All I could find was a youtube video on it that sealed off the vents and packed silicone packs inside. If there is another way to fix this please let me know.

Also are there any other headlight choices I could go toward? All the ebay headlights say they work for quads only and not the projector headlights. I can't see why it wouldn't work for me. I have Alpha OBD if it requires changing some settings for the headlights.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Super common and no real fix for it.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My retrofitter has sent me additional stick on vents that you drill a couple of 1/4” holes in the right spots and stick these over the holes.

Kevin M Hughes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone have any suggestions. I only need the passenger side, filled with water (i know its a common problem) dried it out several times and did all the things. Now the amber is burned out and even if i bake it and replace I'm afraid it will still fill with condensation so would rather just buy a new one. Any suggestions on where to get a new one or used one on the cheap. I have checked the regular places, craigslist, ebay and facebook marketplace etc. I dont want to spend 300 on one headlight but looking like it may not be avoidable... suggestions please.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought this at a marine shop. Filled some cheese cloth bags and shoved them inside the housings after drying them out.
Sealed them up and after 1.5 yrs I’ve had no more issuesCC300CB1-546B-4E94-8704-5E0901393D65.jpeg

Kevin M Hughes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you Gregdad,
I wish i had know about this a year ago when i still had a working amber strip on the bottom of my projector light for the passenger side. any ideas or suggestions for replacement that doesnt cost $300 bucks? I guess i could bake it seperate and replace the amber strip then do this, not sure how much cheaper that would be though.