Molten orange? Anybody have a photo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's go man go..I wish that was the case..another guy ordered molten orange..hrs going to dealer today..they said no..it's not.go man go..and will look like challenger sinnimon stix...he is verifying today...I may have been incorrect..really wanted to man go..but at the price I got mine if molten orange is different I will have to love it! I'm excited and can't wait if anyone has more info please post..my sales guy is out until Thursday then said he will try to figure it out..

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Go man go is a play on mango. As in Go fast man go fast. It is a throw back to the 70s color.

The original shade was to be Macho Man go on the powerwagon...when they did the Macho Concept.

Interesting how there is such a debate going with the color. Sounds like RAM trying to make one more collectible than the other.

Lol. Good times

OP
OP
R

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are correct..go man
Ok...need a clarification. I've heard the orange as "Go Man Go".....but I've always thought it was "Go Mango". As in a Mango.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango

Why do people keep saying "Go Man Go"?
You are correct...go mango....my spell check just does it wrong...I'm very disappointed I don't think I'm going to get go mango but such is life..I got early pricing and nevertheless a cool limited truck...with a short run of molten orange... strangely enough the car soup thing a guy found with my vin on it lists color as go mango not molten orange... LMAO.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Doesn’t make sense they would put the cin
You are correct..go man

You are correct...go mango....my spell check just does it wrong...I'm very disappointed I don't think I'm going to get go mango but such is life..I got early pricing and nevertheless a cool limited truck...with a short run of molten orange... strangely enough the car soup thing a guy found with my vin on it lists color as go mango not molten orange... LMAO.

When you look at your build sheet from the dealer when you ordered it, what is the paint code for Molten Orange? If it's PVP then you should be able to count on it coming Go Mango, or so I would think. I can't imagine Ram putting a sinnamon stick color on an off road truck. Doesn't compute in my brain.

OP
OP
R

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay. My order sheet. Doesn't exactly say paint code PVP it says sales code PVP and then lists Molten orange next to it. Today I spoke with a gentleman from california who also ordered a molten orange 75a...with the understanding the color was like sinnimonstix..a copperish orange . As my sales guy, originally thought. And the computerized photo when ordering truck that said Molten orange did look a little copperish to my son and I. He ordered his truck before anyone! Said last digits of vin are 000 don't quote me, but he was told the first three or four 75a trucks were for chrysler executives, if they wanted them..hence the four off from vin to actual number of the build..(I think) however according to him there were only a total of 4 molten orange and gomango trucks on order...he ordered before anyone..his status has now changed to no est ship date..he was also told...molten orange may vanish and become gomango....but because there are so few ordered, in orange, who knows when they will get to it..he was also told production will be limited to 7500 75a trucks if that means anything....my sales guy is off until Thursday. So I will see if I have a est ship date of Jan 27.....ordering ram box probably don't help matters...whatever color it is, I just want my truck... remember (I bought one new in 2005) the ram daytona color was called gomango and it was copper pearl...on a truck...I'm hoping for gomango and my truck...I find it strange only four ordered....total in orange...this is just info from a decent sounding guy out of california...he literally was at the dealership the second you were able to order one and plugged it in and hit the button...

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay. My order sheet. Doesn't exactly say paint code PVP it says sales code PVP and then lists Molten orange next to it. Today I spoke with a gentleman from california who also ordered a molten orange 75a...with the understanding the color was like sinnimonstix..a copperish orange . As my sales guy, originally thought. And the computerized photo when ordering truck that said Molten orange did look a little copperish to my son and I. He ordered his truck before anyone! Said last digits of vin are 000 don't quote me, but he was told the first three or four 75a trucks were for chrysler executives, if they wanted them..hence the four off from vin to actual number of the build..(I think) however according to him there were only a total of 4 molten orange and gomango trucks on order...he ordered before anyone..his status has now changed to no est ship date..he was also told...molten orange may vanish and become gomango....but because there are so few ordered, in orange, who knows when they will get to it..he was also told production will be limited to 7500 75a trucks if that means anything....my sales guy is off until Thursday. So I will see if I have a est ship date of Jan 27.....ordering ram box probably don't help matters...whatever color it is, I just want my truck... remember (I bought one new in 2005) the ram daytona color was called gomango and it was copper pearl...on a truck...I'm hoping for gomango and my truck...I find it strange only four ordered....total in orange...this is just info from a decent sounding guy out of california...he literally was at the dealership the second you were able to order one and plugged it in and hit the button...

You kinda lost me after the first few lines of mumbojumbo lol

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This was the previous years copper color if I recall:

oads%2F2017%2F02%2Fram-2500-limited-edition-copper.jpg

But I don't think this is what 2021 is dealing with. This is the 2015 or so + copper color. I would LOVE a PW in this color but I believe it's going to come in the brighter orange.

OP
OP
R

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was the previous years copper color if I recall:

oads%2F2017%2F02%2Fram-2500-limited-edition-copper.jpg

But I don't think this is what 2021 is dealing with. This is the 2015 or so + copper color. I would LOVE a PW in this color but I believe it's going to come in the brighter orange.
I hear you. But molten orange and go mango were supposed to be different..lol..I don't even know anymore...two dealers said it was supposed to be copperish....??? Who knows ...I'd rather have go mango....

OP
OP
R

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. After all my loss of sleep and drama ,.it's all good! My estimated ship date is now January 29...so was 11 then 15 then 27 not 29th.. the good news! Sales manager went two guy higher then the regional manager! The verdict is in!!! Molten orange and go mango are the same color!! No explanation on why there was two names for the same color or anythings! I'm stoked and so happy!!!!!! I have a feeling window sticker will say go mango and it will be like molten orange never happened!

Daboink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had a 2011 Challenger back in the day that was "Toxic Orange"... like in the Challenger color earlier in the thread. Different vehicle for sure, but I got more compliments on that vehicle than anything I would have ever imagined. Sometimes two folks at the same gas station would wonder over and start talking about the color. I am waiting on my Olive Green PW and now my main concern is that it won't show too much dirt. I am not good at cleaning a vehicle too often and live off of a dirt/gravel drive. I think the Orange would also hide dirt pretty well. And... as a University of Tennessee Alum thought the Go Mango might be appropriate. I finally figured that Orange might disturb Mother Nature whilst cruising in the woods...

I really think that all of the colors look pretty damn good. Great styling and an excellent homage to the legacy!

LaramieAdam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Here's my 75th Power Wagon.

Id just like to find a vinyl and powder coat as close as possible to molten orange.

Just want to cover the front ram letters and powder my tow shackle.

35s go on and mud flaps in a few days.5ee4f45c216dd464c95364cfb50bfab4.jpg69c05484f5ff7a646ee1fb121404cdab.jpgbff4e88c3012f1393377e530854617d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mud flaps on and it only clean for one day lol.here is a close up of the paint as I find pictures of the orang don’t really come out very good.

813B06B0-C329-4991-8167-C83EEDC8A5A6.jpeg

EA3E9678-BDF1-4EE8-93B8-F3D3235C8687.jpeg

08AA45A2-4191-40B4-AE6B-11D2E45A1A6E.jpeg

pendulum12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My '09 RAM was orange... I believe it was burnt orange. Don't recall if that was the proper name, but it was red-ish. Loved that color, and was looking for Molten Orange PW 75A... but also fell in love with the Anvil.

Was a tough choice, but both look great. Hell, I love the blue... black, white... any color really. RAM have done a great job on these trucks.