Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Update 10/10/2023 - New website for the No Splice Kill Switch Harness is now available at: LINK Accepting Paypal, Credit cards, G-Pay, etc.

Update 8/14/2023 - Other CDJR vehicles like Challenger, Charger, some Jeep's and others also work with the No Spice Kill Switch Harness:
No Splice Kill Switch Harness for other CDJR vehicles!

Update 5/1/2023 - Now these no splice wiring harnesses have been tested on 4th & 5th Ram truck key FOB start vehicles!
No Splice Kill Switch Harness for 4th & 5th Gen key FOB start trucks!

Hello Ramforum.com members! Thank you for stopping by and checking things out. I started as a forum member (TJW961) and have really enjoyed all of the great information and knowledge that this forum has to offer and have shared a few things here and there myself when I could help.

So why am I now a vendor you ask? In my travels here I came across discussions concerning theft of our Ram trucks, especially with push button start featured ones. I myself live in an area that has had auto theft on the rise, and certainly don't want to be part of that statistic. So I, like others I'm sure, started looking into options and came across some information from several sources showing first how to cut and splice in a "kill switch" to the push button start itself that would deter a would be thief from hopefully driving away with a Ram truck. I liked the idea of how it functioned, but for me don't want to cut into a factory wiring harness so I kept searching. I also found several that cost $100.00 plus dollars and up - often having another remote FOB to enable/disable as a kill switch approach. Or approaches to kill the fuel pump, which I didn't like for obvious reasons if it failed.

Eventually I found some information on the internet with a site member by the name of "OnTheReel" who shared what it would take to make a harness that would simply plug into your existing harness that would allow you to hide your "kill switch" of choice in your secret location to turn off the ability for the push button to function as either a start button or push to go to the run position if you've remote started your vehicle. So I ordered, assembled and tested the harness parts for my own needs and it worked as I had hoped!

While going through the assembly steps, I noticed that some of the assembly of this harness solution involved having some specific style of crimpers that not everyone is going to have or even need. Not to mention some other items that really bring the harness to completion. As these as well as a couple other items came to light, I tried to think of a way to help with this effort for Ramforum.com members and JW2 Innovations was born! I'm certainly not going to get rich off of this effort, but I think many could benefit from this solution and I do enjoy helping others.

My offering is a wiring harness fully assembled and ready install into 4th and 5th Gen Ram trucks with the push button start feature already in place. This harness gets put in between the existing plug/harness and the back of the push button start button itself. Then taking the longer part of the harness you route to where you want to hide your kill switch and connect it to that switch.

Functionality: When the SPST On/Off switch is On, your truck starts normally. When the hidden kill switch is in the Off position you cannot push start your truck - no matter if you have a FOB or have created a copy (thieves doing this). For those with remote start the truck will start, but when you try and push the push button to go to the Run position you can't do that either.

The harness will be as pictured below and includes 2ft of length for the wiring for your kill switch. This solution is as seen in the picture and is ready for your provided switch of choice.

Assembled Harness with Tesa Tape v2.jpg

Options with original order (not sold with separate order later):
Longer leads for kill switch - with Tesa tape with bare wires similar to photo above at the end. (comes with standard 2ft of 20awg tinned copper wiring with initial basic order all the way up to 6ft options)

Crimped and shrink wrapped blade connectors at end of longer wiring lead for instant plug in ready connection (please ensure cable length needs identified properly before ordering this option - and what size your switch needs for blade connectors) - 2 sizes: 4.8mm or 6.3mm, depending on the size of posts on your switch of choice. both connectors crimped and heat shrink in place.

See photo below for size selection:
20230403_144305.jpg
You can certainly solder the bare wires with the initial harness order if you don't want to use blade connectors, or provide your own blade connectors of choice.

Switches: You can order a round rocker switch (non lighted type - not like one in photo) with or without wires soldered to the posts. They go into a 20mm hole (very close to 3/4") with 4.8mm blade connections on them. Very standard size found on many internet sites, so easily replaceable if you ever need to.

Overall this harness is a deterrent to a would be car thief. Can any anti-theft device/deterrent be gotten around? Yes. If a car thief wants your car/truck, they will get it - that is certain, just how long will it take? But this solution certainly slows them down, is easy to install and for some would be thieves they might just give up. And lastly it's also easy to remove later without cutting into a factory wiring harness by just temporarily removing and accessing the back of the start button switch itself. Not something every thief is going to think about bringing tools for when they come to steal your vehicle.

For those interested in taking on the fabrication of this harness yourself, please go to my posting where I shared all the P/N's, tools, etc in order to do just that here on this site. Again, I'm not trying to make a killing off of this, but rather help out some who don't have the tools, time, etc. (And may never need the crimper I share in this link below here for long term use):
DIY Kill Switch Harness

I have some harnesses ready to ship. If interested please visit our new website for the No Splice Kill Switch Harness is now available at: LINK Accepting Paypal, Credit cards, G-Pay, etc.

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello Ramforum.com members! Thank you for stopping by and checking things out. I started as a forum member (TJW961) and have really enjoyed all of the great information and knowledge that this forum has to offer and have shared a few things here and there myself when I could help.

So why am I now a vendor you ask? In my travels here I came across discussions concerning theft of our Ram trucks, especially with push button start featured ones. I myself live in an area that has had auto theft on the rise, and certainly don't want to be part of that statistic. So I, like others I'm sure, started looking into options and came across some information from several sources showing first how to cut and splice in a "kill switch" to the push button start itself that would deter a would be thief from hopefully driving away with a Ram truck. I liked the idea of how it functioned, but for me don't want to cut into a factory wiring harness so I kept searching. I also found several that cost $100.00 plus dollars and up - often having another remote FOB to enable/disable as a kill switch approach. Or approaches to kill the fuel pump, which I didn't like for obvious reasons if it failed.

Eventually I found some information on the internet with a site member by the name of "OnTheReel" who shared what it would take to make a harness that would simply plug into your existing harness that would allow you to hide your "kill switch" of choice in your secret location to turn off the ability for the push button to function as either a start button or push to go to the run position if you've remote started your vehicle. So I ordered, assembled and tested the harness parts for my own needs and it worked as I had hoped!

While going through the assembly steps, I noticed that some of the assembly of this harness solution involved having some specific style of crimpers that not everyone is going to have or even need. Not to mention some other items that really bring the harness to completion. As these as well as a couple other items came to light, I tried to think of a way to help with this effort for Ramforum.com members and JW2 Innovations was born! I'm certainly not going to get rich off of this effort, but I think many could benefit from this solution and I do enjoy helping others.

My offering is a wiring harness fully assembled and ready install into 4th and 5th Gen Ram trucks with the push button start feature already in place. This harness gets put in between the existing plug/harness and the back of the push button start button itself. Then taking the longer part of the harness you route to where you want to hide your kill switch and connect it to that switch.

Functionality: When the SPST On/Off switch is On, your truck starts normally. When the hidden kill switch is in the Off position you cannot push start your truck - no matter if you have a FOB or have created a copy (thieves doing this). For those with remote start the truck will start, but when you try and push the push button to go to the Run position you can't do that either.

The harness will be as pictured below and includes 2ft of length for the wiring for your kill switch. This solution is as seen in the picture and is ready for your provided switch of choice.
Cost is $20 plus shipping from 38654 zip code.
View attachment 517967

Options with original order (not sold with separate order later):
Longer leads for kill switch - $2.00 per foot with Tesa tape with bare wires similar to photo above at the end. (comes with standard 2ft of 20awg tinned copper wiring with initial basic order)

Crimped and shrink wrapped blade connectors at end of longer wiring lead for instant plug in ready connection (please ensure cable length needs identified properly before ordering this option - and what size your switch needs for blade connectors) - 2 sizes: 4.8mm or 6.3mm, depending on the size of posts on your switch of choice. $3.00 for both connectors crimped and heat shrink in place.

See photo below for size selection:
View attachment 517972
You can certainly solder the bare wires with the initial harness order if you don't want to use blade connectors, or provide your own blade connectors of choice.

Switches: I only have a few of the round 2 post switches on hand (non lighted type - not like one in photo), and I'm not sure how long I'm going to offer these. Will be decided long term by how popular they are. But, they go into a 20mm hole (very close to 3/4") with 4.8mm blade connections on them. Very standard size found on many internet sites, so easily replaceable if you ever need to. $2.00 each

Overall this harness is a deterrent to a would be car thief. Can any anti-theft device/deterrent be gotten around? Yes. If a car thief wants your car/truck, they will get it - that is certain, just how long will it take? But this solution certainly slows them down, is easy to install and for some would be thieves they might just give up. And lastly it's also easy to remove later without cutting into a factory wiring harness by just temporarily removing and accessing the back of the start button switch itself. Not something every thief is going to think about bringing tools for when they come to steal your vehicle.

For those interested in taking on the fabrication of this harness yourself, please go to my posting where I shared all the P/N's, tools, etc in order to do just that here on this site. Again, I'm not trying to make a killing off of this, but rather help out some who don't have the tools, time, etc. (And may never need the crimper I share in this link below here for long term use):
DIY Kill Switch Harness

I'm just getting things up and running this week. I will have some harnesses ready to ship by Monday April 10th so if you're interested please send me a PM with options you're interested in along with enough address details to quote the shipping for the overall cost (initially, it may take me a day or two to get a full quote back to you - as I said I'm just getting started this week - but that won't be normal once I get rolling!)

I have Paypal setup, and will have Venmo as well soon to make payments easy.

Thanks Everyone!
Awesome job on the harness Jeff.If i didn't already have a switch hard wired and soldered in on my 3 FCA products,i'd definitely be hitting you up for your harness.
Rick

Spsully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Epic!!!! This is probably my favorite kind of vendor. Jegs or the like having a bot post sales is useless. A real forum member that can provide a real service to the forum members is SOOOOO much more like it! GL with everything. I hope you exceed your own expectations and retire off them.

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, new to the forum and came across this thread. My truck is a 2012 express and uses a real key, no fob. Do you sell a solution for this?

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Hi, new to the forum and came across this thread. My truck is a 2012 express and uses a real key, no fob. Do you sell a solution for this?
Sorry, but my harness only works with either the push button start or fob that you insert and use like a real key to start the truck.