mopar 2 in lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpmitch1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
What will sit higher. A laramie with a mopar 2in lift added or a limited in its highest air suspension setting?

Lawdog800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What will sit higher. A laramie with a mopar 2in lift added or a limited in its highest air suspension setting?

My guess, based purely on mine and my daughters 2016 rams is the Laramie with 2" lift. The air ride trucks sit lower and are level from factory so lower in rear by 2". My 16 Limited sat 2" lower at the rear wheel wells. Measured with a tape measure than my daughters V6 outdoorsman

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

parked height or driving?

The air system goes into areomode at certain speed and actually lowers, whereas a lift kit stays constant

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Air ride with 2” (Off-road 2) will lower automatically to 1” (Off-road 1) when speed is above 25 mph and lower again to normal height when speed is above 40-45 mph. So it is not a permanent lift above these thresholds. Ride also gets stiffer the higher you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mpmitch1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
parked height or driving?

The air system goes into areomode at certain speed and actually lowers, whereas a lift kit stays constant

parked height. Assume you get the off road package and the air suspension, what would sit higher? the mopar 2 in lift or a parked air suspension in off road 2 w/ off road package? any thoughts?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
parked height. Assume you get the off road package and the air suspension, what would sit higher? the mopar 2 in lift or a parked air suspension in off road 2 w/ off road package? any thoughts?
Mopar 2" lift won't work with air ride.

If you have Mopar 2" lift on non-air ride with off road package compared to parked air ride in OR2 or parked air ride with off road package in OR these will all be the same max height. Maximum 2" lift vs normal stock height on truck without off road package.

Off road package uses longer strut for 1" lift so with Mopar lift you only gain 1 inch lift from the Mopar lift since this kit uses longer strut.

In air ride you only gain max of 2" lift for with and without off road package.

Air ride without off road package has OR1 and OR2. Max 2" lift.

Air ride with off road package has longer strut for 1" lift vs normal height. But only one OR setting of just 1" so max lift is still only 2" vs non air ride.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

If you have Mopar 2" lift on non-air ride with off road package compared to parked air ride in OR2 or parked air ride with off road package in OR these will all be the same max height. Maximum 2" lift vs normal stock height on truck without off road package.

Off road package uses longer strut for 1" lift so with Mopar lift you only gain 1 inch lift from the Mopar lift since this kit uses longer strut.

Air ride with off road package has longer strut for 1" lift vs normal height. But only one OR setting of just 1" so max lift is still only 2" vs non air ride.

Just trade my air ride larimie Longhorn air ride went crazy and would drop to exit height on freeway dealer head no idea what it was so traded for 2018 Laramie and put 6"lift on it. Only lift for air ride is bds 4"e19081f296287fa37fc41be4ce0bb4a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mpmitch1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8

excellent answer, thank you!