More OBD issues… need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok, sorry for the long post here, but I am a believer in full disclosure.
A few months ago I would get the “Water in Fuel” MIL whenever it rained. It was time to change fuel filters anyway so I did that but the issue resurfaced at the next hard rain… I began to question the sensor and was told that this was an issue sometimes and not to worry about it if the light goes away. I didn’t like it but figured the dealer would know.
Soon after my truck failed emissions on NOX sensor issues, both sensor 1&2 have been replaced.

Now I am getting the following codes:

U0102 lost communication with transfer case module/AWD.
U11B9 lost communication with RF hub.
U0212 lost communication with SCM
P2269 water in fuel condition
P2509 ECM/PCM power input signal intermittent.
U0002-88 CAN C Bud off performance
U0151-00 Lost communication with occupant restraint controller.
U0100-00 lost communication with ECM/PCM
U0126-00 lost communication with steering angle sensor.

I feel like I need a new ECM, but I don’t want to get ripped off anymore by the stealership. My truck is a 2014 2500 Cummins. There are no discernible driving issues when I drive it, but with all these codes I am not comfortable driving the truck. The likely scenario is that water somehow got into the ECM and has corroded the connectors. I found the ECM location on the truck, which is not easy to reach, but on visual
Inspection looks ok, although I can’t see the bottom of it….
Has anyone had this experience before, and if so what was the fix?

Attachments

• 53EE6D08-77E7-4072-8DB1-2B4C0909FBEB.jpeg
    53EE6D08-77E7-4072-8DB1-2B4C0909FBEB.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 5

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Open the fuse box and check for overly loose, corroded, unseated fuses and relays. Also, check your main ground clamp from the batteries to the frame. Thirdly, how old are your batteries? 1 poor/bad battery has been known to cause a bunch of weird electrical gremlins.

OP
OP
B

Brane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok, so I swapped out the batteries with my buddy’s truck, same issues…. The ground was cleaned and re-tightened and the issue still persists. Fuses and wires all were ok too. I did find a non dealer diesel shop who will be able to check the ECM next week. I will update after I know more.

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
did you get this resolved?