Morimoto headlights installed, but no turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotSoFast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I just installed Morimoto hybrid LED headlights on my 2020 2500. I reused my original bulbs in the turn signals, but they won't turn on for the flashers. I get a message that turn signal lights are out, and the signals hyperflash. The rear turn signals work fine, and flash normally. The mirror signals flash fast. But no turn signals in the front. Also, no hazard lights in the front.
Any idea how to get them working?

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check the connectors as it should work as wiring and bulb never changed
at least on my 2018
I also added 2 relays and a little wiring so DRL's work correctly

OP
OP
N

NotSoFast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
The turn signal bulbs actually illuminate, but not as turn signals: just as part of the daytime running lights. The truck still says that the turn signal lights are out, and makes me push the start button twice to start it up. So it seems like some sort of computer glitch where it won't even try to run the signals. So it's not a connection issue.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a Ram, but, I changed the headlights out on my niece's Camry. Everything was working fine until the swap. Then front turn signals would not work. Bulbs looked good and the DRL worked fine. Went to the auto parts store and bought new bulbs, turn signals worked after replacing them. Maybe the bulbs gave up the ghost?

OP
OP
N

NotSoFast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Were the headlights hybrids? I just installed hybrid headlights in my 2020 diesel 2500, and the front turn signals wouldn't work. Morimoto had lots of suggestions, but none of them helped at all.
I finally returned them and bought even more expensive fully LED headlights. Those worked. I like the new headlights, but the hassle to get everything working wasn't really worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357