Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Headlights came in today... one of the projectors on the passenger side is DOA. Pictures to come. Was satisfied until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wow these lights are junk. Nothing but problems from 90% of customers

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Headlights came in today... one of the projectors on the passenger side is DOA. Pictures to come. Was satisfied until then.

Damnit, wonder what the current official failure rate is

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
bd5d6522985a54a2d9eee588e43b43c7.jpgb87dbde47b6953f4d2e253d5176a472b.jpg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
For the price of these if there is a malfunction they should be overnight shipping replacements with return shipping labels in the box. I would except nothing less.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look really nice, but wow the issue rate is so high. Maybe expect that with the cheap Chinese knock-offs (which BTW seem to have FAR less issues, if any!), but for this price they should almost be hooking each set up to a test truck to QA them before shipping!

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
They look really nice, but wow the issue rate is so high. Maybe expect that with the cheap Chinese knock-offs (which BTW seem to have FAR less issues, if any!), but for this price they should almost be hooking each set up to a test truck to QA them before shipping!

While I do like the headlights I will not blindly say they are the greatest ever. HOWEVER I do wonder what the actual failure rate is.

Here on this forum I am seeing the megaphone effect. We have examples of maybe 20 or so people that are having some REAL issues out of the box? I think they said they've sold over 1000. So 2% of owners are having issues... where are the rest? I am sure there could be more that just aren't on the forum but still.

I feel for those who aren't getting what they wanted after waiting for so long. Heck I was in the same boat until the fix harness came. After that I personally haven't had any issues.

That being said I think we are still well within the margin for error considering the travel distance that these headlights had too make. We are also still waiting for their supply system to catch up so that warranty replacements can be issued at a reasonable rate.

I think that once the supply chain catches up and these faulty headlights are replaced we will see the amount of complaints go down.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
How issues are handled speaks for the company. If the problems are rectified quickly and changes are being made everyone is happy. Just like @Arth he got his fix harness and he’s happy. For the guys that received units dead on arrival, malfunctioning and housings melting, not being able to adjust them. there is no place for that with the price tag on them.

It looks more like a money grab

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While I do like the headlights I will not blindly say they are the greatest ever. HOWEVER I do wonder what the actual failure rate is.

Here on this forum I am seeing the megaphone effect. We have examples of maybe 20 or so people that are having some REAL issues out of the box? I think they said they've sold over 1000. So 2% of owners are having issues... where are the rest? I am sure there could be more that just aren't on the forum but still.

I feel for those who aren't getting what they wanted after waiting for so long. Heck I was in the same boat until the fix harness came. After that I personally haven't had any issues.

That being said I think we are still well within the margin for error considering the travel distance that these headlights had too make. We are also still waiting for their supply system to catch up so that warranty replacements can be issued at a reasonable rate.

I think that once the supply chain catches up and these faulty headlights are replaced we will see the amount of complaints go down.

Couple of things.

First we don't know what their total volume was and for all we know the claim that they sold 1000 could easily be a way to marginalize the error rate. 1000 units however would be over 30% of TRS's avg. annual revenue, so I highly doubt it's that high. Second, how many people on this forum have actually purchased them? 50? 100? I really haven't seen that many stating they purchased.

So, on this forum alone we are anywhere from a 20-45% failure rate?

Just in the last 3 pages we have 2 DOA passenger lights and two people with lights wiggling all over the place.

Why are we assuming the margin of error will drop for people that purchased elsewhere?

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh, and it's 2019. The fact they are shipping from China is irrelevant. Companies have been making things in China for 20-30 years so distance traveled is not an excuse for the amount of issues people are having.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couple of things.

First we don't know what their total volume was and for all we know the claim that they sold 1000 could easily be a way to marginalize the error rate. 1000 units however would be over 30% of TRS's avg. annual revenue, so I highly doubt it's that high. Second, how many people on this forum have actually purchased them? 50? 100? I really haven't seen that many stating they purchased.

So, on this forum alone we are anywhere from a 20-45% failure rate?

Just in the last 3 pages we have 2 DOA passenger lights and two people with lights wiggling all over the place.

Why are we assuming the margin of error will drop for people that purchased elsewhere?

Again you are posting your conjecture. I would like to see actual numbers. I'm not here to get into with anyone I just don't think the failures are that high in number.

I think even your guess is inflated. I'm not defending the issues we see but I would like to see an actual number.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Again you are posting your conjecture. I would like to see actual numbers. I'm not here to get into with anyone I just don't think the failures are that high in number.

I think even your guess is inflated. I'm not defending the issues we see but I would like to see an actual number.

No, I'm actually refuting YOUR conjecture. You heard they sold 1000 units, etc. TRS is never going to give you real numbers that would indicate there is a problem and they don't have to when they have people making excuses for what was quite honestly a complete dumpster fire of a product release.

Here's a simple solution, post a poll, with the following answers:

Bought with no issues
Bought with Lights Wiggling
Bought with Lights melting or whatever it is
Bought and lights completely didn't turn on
Bought and had an issue other than the above

There's your numbers. Again, why is there an assumption that quality is going to change outside of this forum?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got that 1000 number from the vendor I bought from so not really my conjecture.

Also only people with problems will post about it here so of course it's going to seem like every single headlight has had a problem but I don't believe that to be the case.

Enough. We will can go back and forth about this all day if we wanted. I've stated my opinions.

No, I'm actually refuting YOUR conjecture. You heard they sold 1000 units, etc. TRS is never going to give you real numbers that would indicate there is a problem and they don't have to when they have people making excuses for what was quite honestly a complete dumpster fire of a product release.

Bought with no issues

There's your numbers. Again, why is there an assumption that quality is going to change outside of this forum?

Bought with no issues

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I agree with @Arth point I see what you’re saying most positive experiences are not harped about. I personally think the failure rate is null and void with the price their asking. You pay good money thinking you’re getting a quality product and that’s not the case. @KWG88ss yes you are right their is no excuse for time line. I can order a part on eBay for $0.99 and see it on my porch in a week with China postage.
I deal with special orders and custom made products on a weekly basis. Most orders to reach production have to be X amount of units 10,000 for example. For these lights to be released then have a multi month waiting period and have the issues they are having is a shame and bad business. The headlights and tail lights are both having issues. The response has been scattered at best. One customer is being told one thing and another is being told something different no definitive answers no solutions. I have zero tolerance when the mark up on the product is over quadrupled and the company Is trying to recoup man hours not providing a quality product and service. It really seems they needed to sell the idea. Used the first 100 orders to move the lights into production and now they are scrambling because they probably robbed Peter to pay Paul on another product. IMO that’s what it looks like.
If you pay good money for a product and that product is not replaced with them eating overnight shipping costs that is a red flag. If in fact they had a bad run then they ought to release a statement and start telling their customers with complaints that “we are aware of the issues and we are working on a solution” then figure out what batch and who ordered them to issue a recall. What people are saying they got as a response is something you’d hear from a fly by night company

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
So I had mine wired wrong and wasnt getting the full brightness of the drls. So took them back out and connected the wires and holy cow they get bright, I thought they were bright before lol also changed the cheap ebay grill out for an american made trex grill

20190525_190032.jpg

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I had mine wired wrong and wasnt getting the full brightness of the drls. So took them back out and connected the wires and holy cow they get bright, I thought they were bright before lol also changed the cheap ebay grill out for an american made trex grill

View attachment 167389

Looks great!! Very nice

LoneStarLariat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Bought with no issues :)

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Bought with no issues

Bought with no issues :)
Polls up