Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HA, we should have an additional, bought with issues and can't get company to warranty.

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I received an email from TRS that they will cover my light that got the lense burn in the plastic since the adjuster is broken

Reactions: JB1

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This forum.... and these post probably have absolutely nothing to do with the change of heart ;)

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine arrived yesterday. I installed them in 90 minutes. No issues. Working perfectly. I did however forget to make it sequential turn signal so I may go back in and figure that out. Anyone know if that can be done without removing the lights? I’m guessing no, but just wanted to check.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mine arrived yesterday. I installed them in 90 minutes. No issues. Working perfectly. I did however forget to make it sequential turn signal so I may go back in and figure that out. Anyone know if that can be done without removing the lights? I’m guessing no, but just wanted to check.

If you can reach the connector...probably not.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Nah you will have to re-install them in all likelihood. Which, honestly, was pretty painless.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
For those of you that bought these I'd take a pic of the serial number on each light and keep for your records. I'm having one light replaced but they are saying I need to supply serial number first which is annoying that I have to remove the headlight before I actually have the replacement for it, just to install it again and repeat once it arrives

Screenshot_20190528-092009_Email.jpg

Raplon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have these lights installed on a truck with a chrome grill and chrome bumpers, such as Laramie or Limited? If yes, would you post pictures of your front end, please?

Raplon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you! Your truck looks great! but the body itself is a dark color, so the lights are well matched. My RAM is silver, so I am not sure it will look nearly as well.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reading everyone’s comment on the lights and the issues. I’m glad I canceled way back when

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you! Your truck looks great! but the body itself is a dark color, so the lights are well matched. My RAM is silver, so I am not sure it will look nearly as well.

Just need to darken other aspects of the truck to match.

Eg grill inserts

Raplon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reading everyone’s comment on the lights and the issues. I’m glad I canceled way back when

I understand where you are coming from. I placed my original order back at the beginning of October. After the promised shipment was pushed back again, I canceled it in the beginning of March, only to place a new order a week later, because I was told the lights are finally coming out in 2 weeks and I would get them by April 15th. It wasn't true, of course, but low and behold, I got them right before the Memorial Day weekend. Right out of the box, one of the lights was defective. It took 5 days to get a return label, so I am sitting and wondering if it was a mistake to reorder the lights. This is even before I installed them. Who knows what obstacles await me with the installation? I have a 2015 truck with all its possible issues. On the other hand, here on the forum, you mostly read about people with problems. The ones that don't have problems tend not to post anything, so the number of issues is artificially exaggerated! I wonder how many light sets Morimoto has sold so far? My guess is around a thousand maybe? If we combine all the issues we read about here, it won't be more than 50, I believe!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

I understand where you are coming from. I placed my original order back at the beginning of October. After the promised shipment was pushed back again, I canceled it in the beginning of March, only to place a new order a week later, because I was told the lights are finally coming out in 2 weeks and I would get them by April 15th. It wasn't true, of course, but low and behold, I got them right before the Memorial Day weekend. Right out of the box, one of the lights was defective. It took 5 days to get a return label, so I am sitting and wondering if it was a mistake to reorder the lights. This is even before I installed them. Who knows what obstacles await me with the installation? I have a 2015 truck with all its possible issues. On the other hand, here on the forum, you mostly read about people with problems. The ones that don't have problems tend not to post anything, so the number of issues is artificially exaggerated! I wonder how many light sets Morimoto has sold so far? My guess is around a thousand maybe? If we combine all the issues we read about here, it won't be more than 50, I believe!
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/morimoto-poll.143524/

Raplon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As I posted on the other Morimoto thread, not very reassuring - less than 50% rate of successful installation!

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As I posted on the other Morimoto thread, not very reassuring - less than 50% rate of successful installation!

That’s not how statistics, probability theory, or hypothesis testing work unfortunately.

You can tell yourself whatever you want to hear but the numbers are not great. There is also a mountain of posts on the Ford F150 forum for the same light setup rolled out at the same time

Or, call CarId.com, ask them about how happy people have been.

I eventually got my lights working but to see a $1350 product with all the wires mislabeled is a little concerning.

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know the kelvin rating of the headlights? I know the drl’s are 5000k but the lights look more blue/purpleish. Guessing around 6000k? Wanna match fog light bulbs and don’t wanna buy the morimoto fogs