Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There’s no point for any of these ram owners that bought them. You should issue everyone a refund. If the email is a fix for the sunburn problem ok. But the light output is horrible. I have diodedynamics led headlight bulbs in my headlights and fog lights. They way out perform your overpriced but somehow cheaply built $1,400 lights. I lost faith in your company your hype and reviews were made to sell a horrible product without real world testing or testing from a third party that has no affiliation with your company. You scammed everyone and now are trying to save your reputation due to the 1,890+ comments on this form about how much of a rip of your headlights are.

Despicable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sums it up well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am always appreciative of posts like this that save people from buying so called premium products that are actually sub par. Morimoto lights for my truck, with taxes, are over $2,000cdn! If they were great lights with great reviews I would consider them...

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am always appreciative of posts like this that save people from buying so called premium products that are actually sub par. Morimoto lights for my truck, with taxes, are over $2,000cdn! If they were great lights with great reviews I would consider them...

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anybody contacted them about the offer? What was the fix? Surely someone out of all the melt pics had to contact them, but the silence is deafening.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best part is they are still selling headlights for different vehicles. Just saw ones for Toyota and Chevy. I feel for those that are going to buy them and have the same issues. I can only imagine what their forum is going to turn into.

Hey we’ve had problems with Ram and Ford headlights. Let’s make more lights for other brands and try to get everyone’s money.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anybody contacted them about the offer? What was the fix? Surely someone out of all the melt pics had to contact them, but the silence is deafening.

Yes I contacted them and they are taking care of the issue and currently testing an updated model. Customer service has been excellent in my interactions with them

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L

I contacted them as well. They got back to me quickly and have a fix that they are going to send out as a direct replacement.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soooooo glad I didn't buy a set. So many of us called this a year ago, they were using the customers as their test beds and releasing a product too soon.

Tl806

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m glad this forum exists! I was ready to drop $1200 on these lights. After reading all of this, I’ll steer clear!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soooooo glad I didn't buy a set. So many of us called this a year ago, they were using the customers as their test beds and releasing a product too soon.

Hard to believe it's been a year

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Really starting to think I have a set with bad bulbs. But led bulbs in my factory fog lights and they outshine these stupid morimoto headlights. Asked the dealer where I bought them if I could return them or exchange them for something better and he says “unfortunately no. Try aiming them higher”

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, I found melting as well, & top it off one drl quit. Contacted vendor about exchange. They wanted pics, totally understandable. However they next hit me with a 1k deposit unless I send in the lights first, and pay shipping both ways! This is for a freaking DEFECTIVE product they sold! I am beyond furoius! Should just junk the ******* things and eat the loss. FFS!

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here. Customer service has been great and they will be fixed.

Wait, what?

You were one of the people tearing down any post that was low on these headlights and now you’re saying you have issues?

Which one is it?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Question for ya
My wife has an18 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with projectors.
Now according to O’Reillys the bulb is a H11.
These lights suck!
Will going to an H9 bulb work?
I’m not familiar with projectors at all.
I know the low/high are combined but, I’m not sure how they work.
Wednesday we’re taking a 400 mile night time road trip to see grandson #2 arrive from the factory. [emoji13]
I really need to improve the lights before we leave.
Hope you can help

The Blue Mule

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait, what?

You were one of the people tearing down any post that was low on these headlights and now you’re saying you have issues?

Which one is it?

My lights work great. I have had ZERO issues with the lights themselves. The output is far better than my stock quads were. I do however have the blemish where the sun has 'burned' the plastic or whatever you want to call it. I have not been 'tearing down' posts. What I have done is responded to critical posts, mostly from people who do not own the lights themselves, with my own real world experience being an owner and daily user of the lights. I like to think I have done so in a pretty mild manner, without being a jerk. Am I happy that they have burnt or whatever the term may be? No. Am I satisfied with the response I received? Yes. As with anything, $hit happens. I installed these in late May and so far, I have been very happy with the output. I actually feel comfortable driving my truck at night with these lights. I did not feel that way before.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
What I have done is responded to critical posts, mostly from people who do not own the lights themselves, with my own real world experience being an owner and daily user of the lights. .

(Not saying you) What so many people HAVE DONE in regards to these lights is make excuses for this vendor/manufacturer. Just think about this: If the time to delivery and the quality issues of these lights applied to ANY OTHER PRODUCT people buy...like, say, a television or microwave or????, there would be so much anger and backlash that the vendor would be out of business in no time. But during the entire waiting period for these things, lie after lie, bull$hit piled upon bull$hit, people lined up to defend all of this. It's just beyond my understanding, because...No, I don't own a set of these, because they just ain't worth the hassle.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I have done is responded to critical posts, mostly from people who do not own the lights themselves, with my own real world experience being an owner and daily user of the lights.

Except you have no idea if people are real-world owners or not unless they have explicitly stated.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can lead a horse to water... and.... apparently..... you can upsell him by letting him convince himself it is not regular spring water but a premium type... that only true thoroughbreds can taste. Wink.