Morimoto HID reliability or issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fpdsniper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, just took delivery of the Morimoto Ram 2015+ HID low beam kit. How are these working for those of you that have done this? We are looking to install it on Saturday, and I appreciate any tips/tricks on this job. Thank you in advance.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Almost 2 years in on mine and no issues. Make sure you seal the holes for the bulbs real good to prevent condensation in light housing.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problems at all with mine.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Make sure that you have a bare metal surface for the ground lug. Everything works fine.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had mine for almost 2 yrs and i did have an igniter go bad. Jeremy from Retroshop swapped it out no problems. Another key thing to do is to mount the power resistors onto something metal to sink away the heat.

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine are 3yrs old. I'm on my 2nd set of bulbs and I've had to replace one ballast and one canbus adapter. I also had a fog light bulb work its way loose and burn up the inside of my foglight housing, but that isn't the fault of the morimoto kit.

That said, I've never owned another HID kit so I can't say if this is better or worse than others.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
  1. Make sure you "clock" the HID bulbs so that the bar is at the 6-oclock position, don't just install as a normal bulb. You will need to loosen 3 screws that surround the bulb and just twist it to the 6-oclock position (bottom), then retighten.
  2. You can make a small notch in the housing lip and run the wiring out that way. This way your not cutting a huge hole in the lid/cover that's not reversible. I put a dab of silicone sealant over notch after lid was reinstalled.
  3. Test everything before reinstalling headlights

This pic is when I had LED bulb but its the only one I have w/o the cover on

SL1-11.jpg