Moroso Catch Can Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After reading all great reviews on this forum about Catch Cans I bid and won one on eBay for 50.00. It was used but in like new condition complete with new hoses.

Attachments

• CC2.jpg
    CC2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,133
  • CC1.jpg
    CC1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 524
  • CC3.jpg
    CC3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,842

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Looks good. Is that the one with the drain petcock in the bottom?

OP
OP
Alfonsio

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. Is that the one with the drain petcock in the bottom?

Yes it is. The original has the little curved tube after the petcock. The previous owner had 1/2" tubing running 15 inches (after the petcock) instead of the little curved tube. I think I may like this set up better because I can just drain it in into an oil pan. I live in Michigan so I don't think I'll have to deal with the peanut butter goo that occurs in real cold climates...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good on you man, you got the best catch can made for a great price! Legs hope more folks see this and realize its simply the way to go. Got mine for $150 shipped from Summit Racing

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Good on you man, you got the best catch can made for a great price! Legs hope more folks see this and realize its simply the way to go. Got mine for $150 shipped from Summit Racing

Do you have any proof that it's better in any way or is it just your opinion?
I think it's safer to say they're equal in performance at best but the Moroso has a drain valve that some would find convenient.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which equals better is my book, plus it mounts is a better location. The tide is shifting, I can feel it, and it is good

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good can man. They make a great product, if I were to go with a manufactured catch can this would be the one.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's just funny to see how folks jump on the bandwagon of the BT just because so many others here have it, it's like it's all they know and just assume its the one to have because of its popularity. Kind of reminds me of Royal Purple loyalists, I wonder if they know Redline and Amsoil are better?

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's just funny to see how folks jump on the bandwagon of the BT just because so many others here have it, it's like it's all they know and just assume its the one to have because of its popularity. Kind of reminds me of Royal Purple loyalists, I wonder if they know Redline and Amsoil are better?

It's not just products either here though.
It's amazing. Like a bunch of little followers.

Some of the guys here have and share great info. It is why I lurk mainly. Just read what they have to say.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
So a drain valve makes it perform better?
I've used many brands of oil separators over the years...the BT is just convenient and matches all their other dress up products.
Saying the Moroso is better is still just your opinion. You're fully entitled to your opinion...that doesn't make you right though.
I can drill and tap any can on the market for a drain valve in about 10 minutes....does that make them better than the Moroso? I could use a fancy chrome valve and everything....

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So a drain valve makes it perform better?
I've used many brands of oil separators over the years...the BT is just convenient and matches all their other dress up products.
Saying the Moroso is better is still just your opinion. You're fully entitled to your opinion...that doesn't make you right though.
I can drill and tap any can on the market for a drain valve in about 10 minutes....does that make them better than the Moroso? I could use a fancy chrome valve and everything....

Performance maybe not. Functionality, yea.
My opinion

The only real draw back to the BT is emptying the can. The Billet Tech can requires you to carefully loosen the bottom end, and simply dump it.

The Moroso offers a drain valve. You can also run hose off the barbed end and drain it from below the car. It is really a nice set-up in my opinion.

The sad reality with most forums is that they encourage group and bandwagon type thinking. One member makes a mod, and everyone tends to follow suit, without researching for themselves.

Sort of... Piggybacking and then turning it into a "trend".

My opinion.

This post has been clarified just for unbroken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Its a $20 or so difference between the BT and Moroso isnt it?

If a drain plug is all the difference, who cares if they both do the same thing. I empty my BT can every 1k miles or so, its never filled up to the point where i have to
"be careful and not spill" the oil inside it.

If someone wants to pay more for essentially the same results, by all means.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Performance maybe not. Functionality, yea.

The only real draw back to the BT is emptying the can. The Billet Tech can requires you to carefully loosen the bottom end, and simply dump it.

The Moroso offers a drain valve. You can also run hose off the barbed end and drain it from below the car. It is really a nice set-up in my opinion.

The sad reality with most forums is that they encourage group and bandwagon type thinking. One member makes a mod, and everyone tends to follow suit, without researching for themselves. Sort of... Piggybacking and then turning it into a "trend".

Wow. One of my quirks is I'm a car fanatic and I tend to remember most everything I read. I read on Lone Star Mopars too. Perhaps you could plagiarize the whole article next time?

Do you have your own "opinion" or do you google all of them. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did not plagiarize it.
I posted key points from the article.
You make no point unless you are saying what I posted/copied is untrue?

Is it against forum policy to post without sourcing now?
Tell me if it is. I'll wait.

It's been cleared up just for you sweet heart.
Back to surfing the topics for me... Before I say something to the wrong person.

Last edited:

Mr. Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Big Horn CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is certainly getting ugly...
Nice catch can. It looks better than the eBay special I got for 18$. How does the Moroso mount?
Aother question: how stiff should the inlet/outlet hoses be on these cans? Mine are fairly soft. If there's good negative pressure, I could see it collapsing. If its positive pressure, mine will be fine.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I did not plagiarize it.
I posted key points from the article.
You make no point unless you are saying what I posted/copied is untrue?

Is it against forum policy to post without sourcing now?
Tell me if it is. I'll wait.

Dude...you made a post written as if it were your own thoughts. I knew instantly I had read it before....dropping one line into Google proved I had. That's plagiarism by definition.

No...you don't have to identify sources around here....but you could at least post your own thoughts if you're gonna pass them off as original.